Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
ladysamanda
stupid question...
May 11, 2013 at 5:12 PM
So I had my Minera IUD removed yesterday. I had unprotected sex on Thurday morning with DH. I havent bled or anything since it was removed which I thought you were suppossed to? My question is could I be preg? I have heard that sperm lives for like 72 hours...

Replies

• illogicalkat
    May 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I didn't bleed at all when I had it removed, and I wasn't pregnant.

It is possible, just because it is always possible to get pregnant while using birth control. But chances are slim. It's still too early to tell, though.

• frndlyfn
    May 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Talk to your doctor about the time line of this.  I highly doubt you are pregnant but I have known women to become pregnant while using the IUD Mirena.

• SamMom912
    May 11, 2013 at 8:31 PM

youve probably heard of bleeding because it is easiest to remove an iud during your cycle because the cervix is naturally soft making the removal less painful...so that is usually when it is removed.

Do you know where you were in your cycle when it was removed? Remember, a woman can only get pregnant during  ovulation..the window typically between day 11 and day 18. and yes, sperm can live up to 48 hours... (girl sperm).. boy sperm swims faster and dies quicker... so BANG in the middle of ovulation BOY- before ovulation... hanging out, waiting to fertilize the egg.. GIRL...

• SexyTeacher
    May 11, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Actually sperm can live inside the female body for up to 7 days! I thought it was a lot less. My aunt is an OB nurse and she said most people think it is only 72 hours.

• UpSheRises
    May 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    of course you could be.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts