Featured Posts
mom-o-7
A parent slapped the coach today..
by mom-o-7
May 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM
at my 5 yr old's baseball game this morning! I am livid! I grabbed my son up and left immediately. Yes, there are things about this coach that don't thrill me...but under NO circumstances, do you slap a coach in front of the kids!! OR scream and yell and argue in front of them! And this is a christian league!! This is how christians get a bad name! I am pondering on what to do now...should we still participate? I think this mother owes all of the kids an apology!

Replies

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    May 12, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    I would still let my child participate but we'd avoid that woman if she ever showed up again.
  • Basherte
    May 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I don't see any lack of empathy or remorse, or antisocial behavior, nor do I see anything that would say that she is even close to this. Unless you are a psychologist I think you'll forgive me for not taking your diagnosis as fact.

Quoting mom-o-7:

Psychopathy (/sˈkɒpəθi/[1]) is a personality disorder identified by characteristics such as a lack of empathy and remorse, criminality, antisocial behavior, egocentricity, superficial charm, manipulativeness, irresponsibility, impulsivity, and a parasitic lifestyle.[2] As a diagnostic category in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, psychopathy has been replaced by antisocial personality disorder (ASPD).[2]                    

Fits psycho mom perfectly! 

Quoting Basherte:

So do I.

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word psycho, though. I don't have a problem with you doing whatever you feel is best for you child. I'm sure you feel the same towards me, but please use words correctly.

This is how we have teens throwing the word rape around like it's a good thing, and calling people retarded because they don't like the person. Words have meanings for a reason.

Quoting mom-o-7:

I classify those people as being sick, evil people who desperately need help, any mom who feels entitles to slap a coach in front of a whole team of children is psycho.  If she acts that way in public, you can only imagine what it's like at home.  You are entitled to your opinion and so am I.  We keep our children away from violence if we can help it.

Quoting Basherte:

From what I saw of the post. All she did was slap the coach. How is that being psycho? If you really wanna see psycho, read the news, look at Boston with the person that blew up people. Or the people that kill children. Those people are psycho.

Quoting mom-o-7:

If they don't ban this psycho woman from the ball field, we don't want our child around her...and if the league thinks it's ok, we sure aren't going to be a part of it!

Quoting Basherte:

Why would you take your son out of the game because another parent behaved badly?

That doesn't make sense to me.

• DivaKim
    by DivaKim
    May 12, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    So slapping the coach is not antisocial? Ok if you think so, but yeah antisocial psycho B if you ask me

Quoting Basherte:

I don't see any lack of empathy or remorse, or antisocial behavior, nor do I see anything that would say that she is even close to this. Unless you are a psychologist I think you'll forgive me for not taking your diagnosis as fact.

Quoting mom-o-7:

Psychopathy (/sˈkɒpəθi/[1]) is a personality disorder identified by characteristics such as a lack of empathy and remorse, criminality, antisocial behavior, egocentricity, superficial charm, manipulativeness, irresponsibility, impulsivity, and a parasitic lifestyle.[2] As a diagnostic category in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, psychopathy has been replaced by antisocial personality disorder (ASPD).[2]                    

Quoting Basherte:

So do I.

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word psycho, though. I don't have a problem with you doing whatever you feel is best for you child. I'm sure you feel the same towards me, but please use words correctly.

This is how we have teens throwing the word rape around like it's a good thing, and calling people retarded because they don't like the person. Words have meanings for a reason.

Quoting mom-o-7:

I classify those people as being sick, evil people who desperately need help, any mom who feels entitles to slap a coach in front of a whole team of children is psycho.  If she acts that way in public, you can only imagine what it's like at home.  You are entitled to your opinion and so am I.  We keep our children away from violence if we can help it.

Quoting Basherte:

From what I saw of the post. All she did was slap the coach. How is that being psycho? If you really wanna see psycho, read the news, look at Boston with the person that blew up people. Or the people that kill children. Those people are psycho.

Quoting mom-o-7:

If they don't ban this psycho woman from the ball field, we don't want our child around her...and if the league thinks it's ok, we sure aren't going to be a part of it!

Quoting Basherte:

Why would you take your son out of the game because another parent behaved badly?

• godsgirl26
    May 12, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Quoting Bmat:

Yes, you should still participate, and you should show extra support to the coach.

• Basherte
    May 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I would say that it was a heated, very emotional thing that she did. Not necessarily anti social. 
    It doesn't fit the definition.

Think of the kids that grew up torturing animals, then went on to kill bigger things. That's psychotic.

Quoting DivaKim:

So slapping the coach is not antisocial? Ok if you think so, but yeah antisocial psycho B if you ask me

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting mom-o-7:

Quoting Basherte:

So do I.

Quoting mom-o-7:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting mom-o-7:

Quoting Basherte:

• woodswalker
    May 13, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I would still let my child participate but that mother and her child should be banned at least for the remainder of the year.  Also the cops should have been called.  Thats assault.  She should have been arrested and charged., her name in the paper and everything.

• ThinkAgainMom
    May 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM

If this was one bad game, what are you teaching your son if you quit? 

If this is a regularly bad environment, where coaches are yelling at each other, parents are fighting, etc., I wouldn't expose my child to that.  I wouldn't want them to believe that it was normal.

• ceciliam
    May 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM

This is what I would do.

Quoting atlmom2:

Some parents are like road rage at the field. It is insane.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN