Featured Posts
EvilAsh
What kind of paint do I need for this?
by EvilAsh
May 3, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I have little shelves I want to hang in the baby's room. They're wood and painted pink at the moment. I want to paint them blue. Never knew there were so many different types of paints. What works best with wood?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    May 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I would talk to a local hardware or paint store.  I think almost every type would work for wood.  You may need to sand away some of the pink or all of it so the blue stays on.

• Karen_S
    by Karen_S
    May 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM

They have some less-toxic paints that are aimed at baby/kids rooms. You might consider that. 

• EvilAsh
    by EvilAsh
    May 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM

they're tiny shelves that hang on the wall, not even a foot wide. I'm not really worried about it being around the baby, but I just have no idea what to use for wood, i'm not artsy lol

Quoting Karen_S:

They have some less-toxic paints that are aimed at baby/kids rooms. You might consider that. 

• Karen_S
    by Karen_S
    May 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM

As PP said, it doesn't really matter.  Just about anything works on wood. You can decide if it's easier for you to spray paint or use a brush, whether you like a glossy look or matte, etc. 

• HappyMommyToo
    May 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I would suggest looking online or talking to some stores that specialize in paint.

• brieri
    by brieri
    May 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM

behr, Martha Stewart, Krylon, valspar, sherwin-williams. etc......

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN