Featured Posts
EvilAsh
What kind of paint do I need for this?
by EvilAsh
May 3, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I have little shelves I want to hang in the baby's room. They're wood and painted pink at the moment. I want to paint them blue. Never knew there were so many different types of paints. What works best with wood?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    May 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I would talk to a local hardware or paint store.  I think almost every type would work for wood.  You may need to sand away some of the pink or all of it so the blue stays on.

• Karen_S
    by Karen_S
    May 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM

They have some less-toxic paints that are aimed at baby/kids rooms. You might consider that. 

• EvilAsh
    by EvilAsh
    May 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM

they're tiny shelves that hang on the wall, not even a foot wide. I'm not really worried about it being around the baby, but I just have no idea what to use for wood, i'm not artsy lol

Quoting Karen_S:

They have some less-toxic paints that are aimed at baby/kids rooms. You might consider that. 

• Karen_S
    by Karen_S
    May 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM

As PP said, it doesn't really matter.  Just about anything works on wood. You can decide if it's easier for you to spray paint or use a brush, whether you like a glossy look or matte, etc. 

• HappyMommyToo
    May 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I would suggest looking online or talking to some stores that specialize in paint.

• brieri
    by brieri
    May 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM

behr, Martha Stewart, Krylon, valspar, sherwin-williams. etc......

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts