Featured Posts
orliesmom
Do you go to school?
May 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I am currently a full time student at a local college. We pay a good amount of money OOP for this beacuse we do not qualify for financial aid. But we are having another baby and I know we can not afford both with out sacrificing somwhere else.  I am wondering if anyone has any experience with completely online schools like Penn Foster or anything like that?

Replies

• AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    May 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    I do go to school! Also pay OOP but I work ft.

Spring semester I did one class, 5 credits. This summer I'll do a 3 credit class and fall - I'm thinking 2 classes that equal 7 credits.

My suggestion to you is just do less classes, no need for ft school on top of baby. What credit load do you consider ft? What is your goal?
  • orliesmom
    May 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM
    Quoting AM-BRAT:

I do go to school! Also pay OOP but I work ft.

Spring semester I did one class, 5 credits. This summer I'll do a 3 credit class and fall - I'm thinking 2 classes that equal 7 credits.

My suggestion to you is just do less classes, no need for ft school on top of baby. What credit load do you consider ft? What is your goal?

Well we just moved out of state so I'm stuck with out of state tuition. Unless i postpone for an entire year to gain residence which i really don't want to do. I want to get my degree before I'm 30. Which i wish i had gotten when i was 20. That's why i asked about online school
  • anotherandree
    May 1, 2013 at 11:45 PM

My husband and I are both doing online schools (again).  We both graduated from Liberty University with Master's degrees.  We qualified for financial aid, though.  I am doing my PhD in the fall, but that will not be online.

• letstalk747
    May 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM

no i teach it

• Momforhealth
    May 2, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    I just took an online class...loved it.
  • orliesmom
    May 2, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Is the school accredited? Did you have any trouble finding employment?

Quoting anotherandree:

My husband and I are both doing online schools (again).  We both graduated from Liberty University with Master's degrees.  We qualified for financial aid, though.  I am doing my PhD in the fall, but that will not be online.

• orliesmom
    May 2, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Oh NVM lol I just looked into it and everything is taught from a "biblical perspective" not really into the whole god thing.

Quoting anotherandree:

• JeremysMom
    May 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    I would stay away from Penn Foster and other for profit schools. What is your major? I can help find you an accredited program/school that will cost much less than for profit schools.
  • orliesmom
    May 2, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Well I had originally intended to be a RN but since that can not be done online I needed to pick something else so I was thinking Associates In Accounting that also offers the Bachelor degree as well.

Quoting JeremysMom:

I would stay away from Penn Foster and other for profit schools. What is your major? I can help find you an accredited program/school that will cost much less than for profit schools.

• JeremysMom
    May 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    I highly recommend Western Governors University. They do not have an associates degree program but they have a Bachelors degree in Accounting. Tuition is $3000 every 6 months and you can complete as many hours as you want in those 6 months.

http://www.wgu.edu/business/online_business_bachelor

If this is not what you are looking for, let me know. There are other colleges as well.

Quoting orliesmom:

Well I had originally intended to be a RN but since that can not be done online I needed to pick something else so I was thinking Associates In Accounting that also offers the Bachelor degree as well.

Quoting JeremysMom:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN