Featured Posts
georgiatraveler
Sleep help
April 22, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Ok I don't what's going on anymore and could use some advice.  My dd (22 months old) use to sleep until 7-7:30am every morning.  Ever since we got back from Germany(almost 3 weeks ago)  she has been waking up 4:30-5 every morning, with the exception of one morning where she slept until almost 8am, which I was so excited about.  I didn't think it would take this long for her to adjust back to the time change but I don't even know if that's it anymore.  She did have tubes put in this past Wednesday but she's done wonderful from that so I'm not sure if that's part of it as well.  Most times I've been able to get her back to sleep for maybe another hour or so but there have been quite a few (especially this past weekend) that she did not.  I thought about making her bedtime a little earlier but I'm afraid that may make her wake up earlier.  Does anyone have any tips or advice to help her sleep longer?

Replies

• Mommy2justone
    April 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM

That is a lot for a little one to go through. 
    Try elevating the head of her crib/bed with a blanket folded under the top of the mattress. This might help her ears.

Also, she might be ready to drop a nap.  

• Mom2Just1
    April 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Does she still nap? She might be ready to drop her naps.  My first child dropped naps at 20 months.

• Lindalou907
    April 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Try moving bedtime back a half an hour, or waking her a little early at nap time? It's probably a combination of the time change and a growth spurt, good luck!

• mommadana
    April 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I don't know where you are, but has the temperature in your house changed?  Every person has an ideal temperature that they sleep best at and it's been known to wake you up too early if it's off by 3 degrees.  Also is it more humid or drier where you are?  That can also impact it. Sometimes things we don't think about impacts sleep.  With time change, the sun comes up earlier and goes down later. 

• georgiatraveler
    April 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Thanks everyone!  She only takes one nap a day and I don't think she's ready to drop it yet.  We're in Atlanta and the temps have been changing over the past week from warm to cool.  Her room probably has been cooler at night because of it.  She woke up again this morning at 5:40 full of energy and ready to go and of course was out within 5 minutes of us driving to PDO.  I think I'm going to turn her cool mist humidifier back on tonight to see if that helps any instead of a fan.  I know last year when we returned from Europe she didn't sleep through the night for about a month or so.  I put it to the time change and her having her first cold.  She didn't go back to sleeping through the night until we sleep trained one weekend, which I may have to do again.  I don't mind her waking up so early during the week since we get up at 5:45 for DH to go to work but waking up that early on the weekend is really annoying!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts