Advice for Moms

Ms.Pteranodon
When an ex dies..
April 18, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Is it okay to go to the funeral?

The last guy I dated my husband died today.

We weren't that serious. We only dated for one summer and we actually broke up because I was looking for something more. He wanted to party and drink all the time and I couldn't do that. I had just started a very demanding job and I had a 2 year old to think about.

But we were pretty good friends before we started dating. He was my cousins best friend.

I want to go to the funeral... Idk to say good bye. But I don't want to offended anyone. We had a pretty bad break up. His mom loved me. She thought I was "good for him." But the truth he wasn't good for me and I couldn't ask him to grow up, it was just too much to ask.

We did talk a couple of times after the break up, and even though he was heart broken at first he admitted to me that we were headed in different directions. He ended up being glad I broke up with him.

But back to my point...

I just don't know what to do.

Replies

• brittany208
    April 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM

depends who you ask. if my ex died, I would absolutely want to go to the funeral. i wouldnt think it was weird at all. but I'm pretty sure my DH wouldn't be thrilled about it.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts