Advice for Moms

Mommy2justone
It's official!!
April 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM

For those that haven't been following, or need a refresher, we have been in the licensing process to be foster/adoptive parents since early October. 
Well yesterday we got our letter in the mail and we are OFFICIALLY foster parents!!

Now we are just waiting on our first call!!
YAY!!! 

Replies

• SexyTeacher
    April 18, 2013 at 6:09 PM

My ex and I were foster parents when we took in the baby who would become our daughter. It is VERY rewarding but also hard when DSS or DHSS takes the baby from you. We had 1 child with us for 2 months while parents were in rehab-he took his first steps with us, said his first words etc. Fortunately those parents straightened up. This experience will change your life! Congrats!!

• Mommy2justone
    April 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    Thank you :) we aren't planning to adopt actually, just Foster. But we are licensed for both just in case.

Quoting SexyTeacher:

My ex and I were foster parents when we took in the baby who would become our daughter. It is VERY rewarding but also hard when DSS or DHSS takes the baby from you. We had 1 child with us for 2 months while parents were in rehab-he took his first steps with us, said his first words etc. Fortunately those parents straightened up. This experience will change your life! Congrats!!

• alexis_06
    April 18, 2013 at 11:33 PM

that is so awesome! congrats!  :)

• Karen_S
    by Karen_S
    April 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM

bouncing

• stacy2607
    April 19, 2013 at 1:24 AM
    Yay, congrats!!
  • kyona_malone
    April 19, 2013 at 1:25 AM