Advice for Moms

newmama93
Met new man im falling for dont know what to do
April 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM
I'm a single mom of a 7mnth old.. Me and my x (baby daddy) have been split for 6 months now... Ive resently started seeing this new guy who im starting to fall for.. We agreed to take it slow to get to know each other he just resently got out of a long relationship as well ands now wanting to get his heart broke again... Anyways.. We've been seeing each other for bout a month now and hes great my family loves him.. He had no problem with my son and hes so sweet and amazing... It scares me I'm falling for him I don't know what to do cause I don't wana get hurt eather.... He tells me he likes me can see us being together but just wants to take it slow.. I was fine with it at first now I want more I really like him an d I guess I'm scared hell slip away... Someone please tell me what I should do.. sorry its so long

Replies

• Lvictorio4
    April 17, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Take it slow, and I think you shouldn't let men that you are just dating meet your son so soon. What if it doesn't work out?

• Lindalou907
    April 17, 2013 at 12:17 AM

You are his rebound girl, watch out! Take it very slowly, just give him some space, no pressure. Does he want to see other women too? Are you having sex?

• frndlyfn
    April 17, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I would take a good while to be single and not fall into any rebound relationships.   good luck with your baby.

• newmama93
    April 17, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    Yes were.having sex and no hes not wanting to see anyone else he says ok.the only grl hes interested in... He txt and calls me every day and trys to spend as much time with me as he can... And I agree it was alittle soon for him to meet my son but my son goes with me everywhere so I really had no choice
  • spitfire.mommy
    April 17, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    I would continue to take it slow.
  • alexis_06
    April 17, 2013 at 12:56 AM

i would just keep taking it slow, theres no need to rush things

• sabrtooth1
    April 17, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Taking it slow means STOP HAVING SEX.  Stop having sex with a man you met a MONTH ago.  Stop having sex while your INFANT is in the next room.  Stop having sex before you get pregnant AGAIN.  Stop until you have an education, and a job that makes enough money to support yourself AND a child.  Stop until your child is old enough to be with a babysitter, so you are NOT "taking your son with you everywhere".  Stop having sex with him, or ANY man you meet, until you know for SURE that he's not there just because you WILL have sex with him.  Which will take longer than a week.  Or a month.

• Jcothrine
    April 17, 2013 at 3:28 AM

STOP YELLING! STOP BEING SO JUDGMENTAL!

okay..i'm done here....

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Taking it slow means STOP HAVING SEX.  Stop having sex with a man you met a MONTH ago.  Stop having sex while your INFANT is in the next room.  Stop having sex before you get pregnant AGAIN.  Stop until you have an education, and a job that makes enough money to support yourself AND a child.  Stop until your child is old enough to be with a babysitter, so you are NOT "taking your son with you everywhere".  Stop having sex with him, or ANY man you meet, until you know for SURE that he's not there just because you WILL have sex with him.  Which will take longer than a week.  Or a month.

• langleytwins824
    April 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    Me and my husband started dating like a week after we both got out of 3 year long relationships. We tried taking it slow but it just wasn't in our cards! We've been together for 4 years now and are happy! We didn't have kids yo factor into it tho.
    But I will say be careful just because it will be hard on the baby and the bf if they get attached and then you break up!! But let your heart feel what it wants. But remember to think with your head!!
    Good luck!!
  • newmama93
    April 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    thank you

Quoting langleytwins824:

Me and my husband started dating like a week after we both got out of 3 year long relationships. We tried taking it slow but it just wasn't in our cards! We've been together for 4 years now and are happy! We didn't have kids yo factor into it tho.

But I will say be careful just because it will be hard on the baby and the bf if they get attached and then you break up!! But let your heart feel what it wants. But remember to think with your head!!

Good luck!!

Advice for Moms