Advice for Moms

mcarsel89
Curious how many moms actually sort their laundry
April 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

How manI don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

I changed the option from "sorta OCD" to just sort the laundry. I wasn't meaning that any of you were OCD by doing it, I was just using it as a term. Sorry.

How many of you do?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 58% - Yep, I sort my laundry.
  2. 16% - Just towels and clothes
  3. 25% - I just throw it all in!

Replies

• erinsmom1964
    April 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Yes I do sort based on darks lights and whites....easy really and you get a much better result IMO couldn't vote though because that doesn't make me OCD

• PinkParadox
    April 15, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    Why separate towels but not colors...lol. Yes, I do. White, dark & misc.
  • OliviaW.
    April 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    Whites, darks, towels, jeans, and hubby's work clothes.
  • beadingmom17
    April 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM
    I just throw it all in
  • TwinMomma122304
    April 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I usually do towels separate, and I do undies & socks together, then I usually throw in like items together - there are 6 people in our house, so we can get a full load of just t-shirts, just sweats, just jeans, etc.  But I don't usually separate by color.  Other than towels & undies/socks, I wash almost everything else in cold water anyway. 

• Raeann11
    April 15, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I voted on the OCD one. But I don't really feel I am at all. I was taught to separate them by whites, colors, dark's, towels, sheets, blankets and hubby's work cloth. Less chance of things getting ruined. My mother never did it and was constantly ruining my stuff.

• storkradio193
    April 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I only sort out clothes that need to be washed on gentle (and/or not put in the dryer).

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    April 15, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    Darks, white or lights, reds and pinks, and sheets and towels.
  • snowangel1979
    April 15, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    The only thing I separate is DH's work cloths from everyone else's.

DH is the only one who wears anything white and It's just socks. After he wears them once to work they're not white anymore. He only gets white socks because they're cheap and he goes threw socks.
    I don't buy white clothing, towels,ect, period. LOL. I prefer mostly dark clothing because anything white or light colored only gets to be warn once, maybe twice before It's stained beond repair. LOL
  • MamaSnaps
    April 15, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Throwing it all  in one wash will give you some dull and crappy looking colors. I sort brights, darks, towels, whites and jeans.

Maybe that's why we have clothing that has lasted us for YEARS and years and years.I am wearing a pink t-shirt right now that is probaby 10 years old and looks great.  

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts