Featured Posts
Rosebud333776
HELP Lice!
April 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM
My kids do not have it, i do! I've tried everything and i mean everything i know of to get rid of it. Nothing helps!!!

Replies

• alleaeon
    April 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM

get a terminator lice comb. you can get them at Ulta.com or on amazon. It's like 15 bucks but so worth it. get a lot of olive oil....or anything oil based like mayo or canola oil. cover your head, like soak your hair and scalp in the oil. comb with lice comb. you will get little nastys stuck in your comb, so be prepped with a towel to clean them off. go section by section...you have to comb, from the scalp, your ENTIRE head of hair. If you don't have the comb, then just do the oil treatment now. what you do is soak your hair and scalp. cover with something and sleep in the oil. wash your hair in the morning. If you have the comb, do this for a week. You don't have to wash the oil out oafter you use the comb. comb your hair before bed and leave the oil in over night. if you don't have the comb, you can use a lice comb that comes in a kit, its just not as good as the terminator comb. anyway, if you don't have the comb, do the oil treatment for 3-4 weeks.....but i def recommend some kind of lice comb. This will work. I was paid, highly paid, to use this method on customers.

• Rosebud333776
    April 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM
    Thank you.

Quoting alleaeon:

get a terminator lice comb. you can get them at Ulta.com or on amazon. It's like 15 bucks but so worth it. get a lot of olive oil....or anything oil based like mayo or canola oil. cover your head, like soak your hair and scalp in the oil. comb with lice comb. you will get little nastys stuck in your comb, so be prepped with a towel to clean them off. go section by section...you have to comb, from the scalp, your ENTIRE head of hair. If you don't have the comb, then just do the oil treatment now. what you do is soak your hair and scalp. cover with something and sleep in the oil. wash your hair in the morning. If you have the comb, do this for a week. You don't have to wash the oil out oafter you use the comb. comb your hair before bed and leave the oil in over night. if you don't have the comb, you can use a lice comb that comes in a kit, its just not as good as the terminator comb. anyway, if you don't have the comb, do the oil treatment for 3-4 weeks.....but i def recommend some kind of lice comb. This will work. I was paid, highly paid, to use this method on customers.

• belindah
    April 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM
    For three years it seemed that my kids brought it home every three months finally found a home ready that works saturate hair with listerine the original one cover hair with shower cap for 4 hours rinse with warm water wash hair with dish detergent rinse saturate hair with vinegar cover with shower cap leave on for 20 minutes rinse with warm water place coconut conditioner in hair do not rinse comb hair with fine tooth comb. Shampoo hair regularly. Takes about six hours. Here's the best thing lice hate coconut oil I have had the kids use coconut shampoo and conditioner for two years and we haven't had them since even though their classmates have
  • Rosebud333776
    April 9, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    Thank you.

Quoting belindah:

For three years it seemed that my kids brought it home every three months finally found a home ready that works saturate hair with listerine the original one cover hair with shower cap for 4 hours rinse with warm water wash hair with dish detergent rinse saturate hair with vinegar cover with shower cap leave on for 20 minutes rinse with warm water place coconut conditioner in hair do not rinse comb hair with fine tooth comb. Shampoo hair regularly. Takes about six hours. Here's the best thing lice hate coconut oil I have had the kids use coconut shampoo and conditioner for two years and we haven't had them since even though their classmates have

• mamamiajk
    April 9, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I'm not sure if you know it but everything in the house needs to be deliced. Pillows,bedding,stuffed animals etc. My twins brought it home from school. (welcome to the public school system) I was sick. I live in a large old home and I was going nuts thinking they were everywhere. Did you know that lice actually prefer clean hair? I went down to county health and got the info and treatments for the whole house for free. Are kids fair haired? One little nit can reak havoc for the whole house. Have a friend or family member do your hair treatment so as not to miss any. Good luck

• Cafe Steph
    April 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Buy a Robi Comb. It's a battery-powered comb that you run through your hair and if it finds a nit or a louse it zaps it to kill it and then you just comb it away with the comb. It's inexpensive, it's painless, and it's the only thing when we went through our nasty bout with them 5-6 years ago that helped me get them out of my hair since I couldn't check myself thoroughly and my husband was pretty much blind when it came to spotting nits. ;)

• Mom2Just1
    April 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    Have you washed everything after treatment?
  • atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    April 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    The comb doesn't work. Someone or you needs to pick the nits out. I sat night after night doing it for my dd. It was tedious.
  • Rosebud333776
    April 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    Yes, I have been delicing everything. I have been washing and washing and rewashing, I am exhausted! I know they preferclean hair probably b/c there isn't any oil. Thank you for all of your help and info. :)

Quoting mamamiajk:

I'm not sure if you know it but everything in the house needs to be deliced. Pillows,bedding,stuffed animals etc. My twins brought it home from school. (welcome to the public school system) I was sick. I live in a large old home and I was going nuts thinking they were everywhere. Did you know that lice actually prefer clean hair? I went down to county health and got the info and treatments for the whole house for free. Are kids fair haired? One little nit can reak havoc for the whole house. Have a friend or family member do your hair treatment so as not to miss any. Good luck

• savingtheworld
    April 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    Uhh..no u don't wash..put every thing in plastic bags for 3 days..like bedding pillows etc..washing only will not work..an how did u get it?
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN