Featured Posts
akroeget203
it hurts so bad.....what can i do
March 20, 2013 at 9:42 PM
So as some of u may have saw a few days ago. My knee gave out on me when I slip in a puddle of water and I fractured my foot. Well anyways my foot is doing alot better. But my knee on the other hand is getting worse. I have already had one surgery on my knee and have been told that I need another. But my knee is so messed up that their isn't a surgen in the town I live in who knows how to do the surgery I need and no doctor out of town will except my insurance. And every since I fell this last time every time I turn my leg towards the left it fells like its ripping out of place it hurts so bad. If any one has any idea on what I could do to fix it/ or stop the pain or any advice at all please let me know

Replies

• frndlyfn
    March 20, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Do you have  knee brace to wear on it?  soaking in a hot bath can help it as well as icing it.

• PinkButterfly66
    March 20, 2013 at 9:47 PM

If you've torn a tendon, it needs to be repaired.  You need an MRI.

• akroeget203
    March 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    Yes I have been in a knee brace everyday all-day for the last 4 years and it still goes out. :(

Quoting frndlyfn:

Do you have  knee brace to wear on it?  soaking in a hot bath can help it as well as icing it.

• akroeget203
    March 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    That's my problem I don't know if I tore anything but my knee does need repaired but the doctors around here are dumb and don't know how. That's what my surgen said to me that her can't do my surgery because he don't know how.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

• frndlyfn
    March 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Eeks  you need to go to a different hospital then if the surgeons there do not know how to fix the problem.   

• akroeget203
    March 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    I would in a heartbeat but I am on medacade and no one else will execpt it. Its really starting to think I am out of luck :(

Quoting frndlyfn:

Eeks  you need to go to a different hospital then if the surgeons there do not know how to fix the problem.   

• PinkButterfly66
    March 20, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Find a surgeon even if you have to drive to the nearest city.  If you don't get your knee repaired, you will make it worse.  You need a good knee brace with hinges on the side for support.  You can get one for about $35-$50.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/mueller-sport-care-care-hinged-knee-brace%2c-model-6432/ID=prod6143838-product  

Quoting akroeget203:

That's my problem I don't know if I tore anything but my knee does need repaired but the doctors around here are dumb and don't know how. That's what my surgen said to me that her can't do my surgery because he don't know how.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

• emmy526
    by emmy526
    March 21, 2013 at 7:34 AM

you need to call your ins and DEMAND satisfaction..if your town has no dr that can handle your problem, then the ins co needs to make provisions for you to see someone else who CAN help you.  I almost had to take my ins co in for a hearing over refusal to cover my medication i need to live-without it, i'm in the hospital within 24hrs unable to breathe...i let them know a hospital stay will cost them a LOT more in the long run than just paying for my script, and if they were going to continue to deny me my medication, then a hearing is the next step i'll be taking....My medication was available to me the next day.   Do NOT let them bully you...stand up for yourself, and demand care that is going to help. Your livlihood depends on it, and so does your family.  Pain meds can help the immediate pain, like percocet or vidodin, but it sounds like a percocet kind of pain to me...

• emmy526
    by emmy526
    March 21, 2013 at 7:35 AM

he should at least be able to refer you to someone who can do it.  If not, he's a lousy dr. 

Quoting akroeget203:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

• momrocks2000
    March 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM

What state do you live in? What is the largest city near you ?  This will help me narrow a faciilty / provider that will get you into surgery, if warranted (needed).  Sounds like you need an MRI of your knee immediately.  No amount of pain killers will help in the long run.   I am very much aware how physician referrals are made and how insurance approvals occur.    Just because you are on Medicaid does not mean that you get 2nd rate service.  

Basically, you require a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon, and a orthoped that KNOWS exactly your issue, and does these types of procedures regularly.  If you lived in my area, I could get you seen within a few days (no kidding).    You may or may not require a primary care physician (PCP) referral or recommendation, depends on your State's Medicaid regulations.   PRIVATE MESSAGE me, and I will assist you, as I've been a medical concierge, and have worked on situations, just like yours!  All infomation you share with me is confidential.  No charge either.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN