Featured Posts
luvemboth
4h
March 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Anyone here have kids involved in 4h? The more I look online, the more confused I get. Some places it says it's for 9-18 yr olds, other places says 5-18. My 7 yo is interested. Anyone know what the minimum age is to show animals @ the fair?

I emailed someone about it, but while I wait for a response, I figured I'd ask here.

Replies

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    March 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I found this at the Four H site- in most states the ages are 8 to 18, but some areas have age appropriate activities for younger children.

• erinsmom1964
    March 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM
    Depends on your local group. In small farming communities they tend to start really young. Larger more diverse communities will start older
  • MJP76
    by MJP76
    March 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I was in 4H as a kid. I was 7 when I started, and they tend to group kids together in the same age group, similar to Girl Scouts. That's the extent of my knowledge 

• luvemboth
    March 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM
    Ah, ok, I didn't realize it varied by location. That's why I'm finding conflicting answers. Thank you.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Depends on your local group. In small farming communities they tend to start really young. Larger more diverse communities will start older

• 25beengoodtome
    March 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I would guess the age changes with every state.

• MamaSnaps
    March 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Find your local 4H. As far as I know they do kinder thru ??? But it may be different depending on different chapters!

• Zazayam
    by Zazayam
    March 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I was in it, and LOVED it! My boys had/have zero interest in such things, I'm hoping my little girl does. :)

The age req differs by chapters, I started at 7 but you'll have to ask your local ones. For the fair it depends on what kind of animal. I showed my first rabbit at 8 I think.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN