by Jeanne Sager
Here we go again. It's spring break time, and that means hitting the open road with the family. Ready to take on a road trip with the kids? Are you sure?
Sure, you've got the booster seat buckled in place, and you've got their bags packed in the trunk. You've even got your road trip eats figured out. But what about the first aid kit?
If you've got kids in the car, you need to stock that baby! Don't worry; we've got your bases covered:
1. Bandages. Little Johnny's new sandals are giving him a blister, Little Susie's chewed her nails down to nubs, the list goes on and on with kids. Pack a LOT of them!
2. Sunscreen. You can never have enough of this stuff. The whole family needs to be protected from skin cancer.
3. Aloe. In case someone forgot to do a reapplication of the sunscreen!
4. Tweezers. Nothing can ruin a vacation faster than a big fat splinter.
5. Antibiotic cream. Perfect follow-up after you yank that splinter.
6. Tummy relief medicine. Try as you might to eat healthy on vacation, sometimes the change in diet is too much for little bellies.
7. Allergy medicines. Why is it some of the nation's most attractive vacation spots are crawling with bugs? Don't spend the entire drive home with a kid whiny that their bug bites itch!
8. Boo Boo Packs. Stow 'em in your cooler for when Little Johnny slams Little Susie's hand in the car door (or, you know, when other moments of sibling rivalry crop up).
9. Bag or bucket. Even if your kids don't get carsick regularly, it's good to have something they can grab quickly if the rest stop lunch doesn't sit well in their tummy.
What do you keep in your first aid kit when you're taking the kids on a trip?
by AromaDrops33March 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Usually I take band aides, lavender essential oil for bug bites or burns, lemon essential oil for coughs, antibiotic cream, sunscreen
by MamaSnapsMarch 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM
ROFLMAO! That would be a breeze to carry! My "mom bag" is HUGE and it seems only getting bigger as my kids turn into teenagers and are more involved in sports and activities.
by OliviaW.March 20, 2013 at 9:45 PMThe first aid kit is in the trunk.
by mom2jasperMarch 21, 2013 at 9:15 AMI took all that and more when my family went to Disneyworld last year. The one thing that got any use was the kids pepto pills. But I guess its better to have something and not need it than to need something and not have it