Advice for Moms

choosetoday
please help me to become a better mother, to not show my stress around my children
March 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I just posted but am not sure where it went.

I am in a situation where my children 17 and 14 do not want to be around me because I am to stressed. Please help me to find a way to become a better mother. Is there a way to chat online?

Replies

• LoveMyLos
    March 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    Theyre plenty old enough to know that life is stressful, and isnt about unicorns and rainbows. But maybe if its that bad, seek counciling?
  • AromaDrops33
    March 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Natural stress relievers are the best, try using DoTerra wild orange essential oil to help uplift your moods, and use lavender essential oil to help you relax and unwind. Both can be used aromatically, topically, in baths. This works wonders for me especially when I'm feeling frustrated. If you'd like more info I'd be more than happy to answer any questions

• amonkeymom
    March 20, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I agree.  I'd also talk to them about how they can help out more around the house, etc to help relieve your stress.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Theyre plenty old enough to know that life is stressful, and isnt about unicorns and rainbows. But maybe if its that bad, seek counciling?

• jhslove
    by jhslove
    March 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Do you get any time to take care of yourself? I find that eating healthy and exercise (and getting enough sleep) are key to keeping my stress levels low. I'm a full-time working mom of a 17-month-old, so it's not easy, but I make sure to make time for self-care. Are you able to do that?

• MrsJoe125
    March 20, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I have four kids (and some dogs, and dh of course).  Anyway, I have found that I need to take time (even if it's only a little), completely uninterupted and I need to be the one to decide when it ends (although, I have to make sure that it's not too long).  I also have found that eating whole foods helps (fruits, veggies, nuts, meats; real food, the stuff that was made to go in our bodies, ya know?); also a little exercise.  Also, a little dark chocolate goes a long way.  It's also, partially, a decision; choosing not to get stressed about things, that's something I'm working on getting better at doing.

Right now, my "me" time and exercise are one and the same; I walk each day while my kids are eating lunch.  I go outside; they know they cannot interupt me except for major emergencies (fire, 911, etc.).

Also, I noticed that I do better at not being so stressed when I'm getting enough sleep.  I can tell you what I've learned about that, if you want. :-)

{{{{{{{{{{{HHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    March 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Yoga helped me learn to relax.  or there are classes on just relaxation. 

Getting enough rest, and doing something you enjoy every day will help.

• SamMom912
    March 20, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Take a walk outside for 15 minutes. It will change your state of mind. Little exercise, fresh air... Def. do soemthing to help you relax and handle your self better. No one likes tonhear they are nonfun to be around.... 

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts