Advice for Moms

CatFishMom
Baby number three-shower or no shower? Small Edit!
March 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Okay, Im fed up trying to plan this and I need help. Im having my third baby, my first girl. My boys will be five and two when this baby arrives this summer. I need literally nothing but a bath tub, diapers, and girls' clothes because I have everything else. With my first, we did the requisite full shower. My second we did a 'sprinkle' because I think every baby deserves to be celebrated and the only thing I registered for were little toys-for some reason my first born didnt have many of those-and some wash cloths, maybe clothes, I dont even remember now but not a single big thing because I kept everything from the first and it was all neutral. Now to number three, same goes-all neutral, kept it all, blah blah. My mother was orignally planning a diaper shower where everyone is invited and just asked to bring a package of diapers. I was okay with this, my sisterinlaw did this with her third in as many years. Now we know it's a girl and shes thinking bigger than just a diaper shower.
I need opinions on this-specifically is it 'acceptable' to have a bigger shower because this is the first girl, shold I make a registry if I do have one, or is it tacky to have a bigger shower at all-because Im tired of searching for 'themes'-not one Ive seen appeals to me-and if I agree and leave it up to her, I'll end up with this stupid girly shower full of lace and ribbons and pink-all of which are so NOT me. HELP!

To clarify-Im not planning my own shower, bad phrasing above on my part! (if there is one) I was trying to decide on a theme-or lack thereof. Once Ive done that part, my mother and my friend are taking over. I agree it's tacky to host your own shower. Thank you everyone for your advice and opinions!

Replies

• Diane1223
    March 22, 2013 at 12:50 AM
    I think you should be able to have one for every child, if someone wants to throw it for you. I would not throw my own.
  • NocturnesAngel
    March 22, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Since you are looking for a theme, maybe choose one based on colors :

Do an Internet Search For :  Contemporary or Modern Themes

Shades of Cream, Ivory, Pink, Purple, Lavender, Lilac, Mint, Teal, etc.

Include in the Invitation that you are having a Girl.

You can also include her Name or Initials,  if you'd like, since some people may opt to bring Monogrammed Items.

As for the Registry, make one, it can't hurt, but be sure that it is at a Store you really like and utilize, because many people often choose to purchase Gift Cards nowadays instead of Gifts and often times, people will purchase the items you have listed on your registry but for various reasons(website or store mishap, they purchased the item elsewhere, etc.), those items are not reflected as purchased on your Registry List.

Please also remember, and hopefully have it placed on the Invitation, that just because you are Registered at a Specific Place doesn't mean that you are only open to accepting THOSE ITEMS.

As the Mom To Be & The Guest Of Honor, The Best Gift That You Could Ever Receive Is The Presence Of Those Invited To Attend.

Huggs & Congratulations on your Newest Addition you rock

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts