Advice for Moms

salina123
Help!
March 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Ok so for the last month and a half my DD has been getting bites on her body. It is all over and she usually has at least 5 at a time. They itch and sometimes hurt. I took her to the doctor for it once and asked about it again a second time when my other DD went to the doctor for a physical. The doctor said that it is just bug bites and she is allergic so they get bigger and red and itchy. 

Well she woke up last night to go potty and she has another one on her ankle. She may have gotten it earlier in the day yesterday and just hadn't noticed until last night. I am so tired of it. I feel awful for her. She is the only one in the family getting them. I am at a loss here. I googled bedbugs and checked her bed for them, but foud absolutely nothing. 

What should i do? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Replies

• lucky2Beeme
    March 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM

fleas ?

• salina123
    March 19, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I do have dogs but they don't have fleas. They have been on revolution for years. These bumps are on all areas of her body and i think fleas tend to stay around ankles. right? Plus I haven't seen any and i have been like a darn detective trying to figure it out lol. I think it is so weird that she is the only one out of our 5 people family this is happening to ya know?

• lovehimforever
    March 19, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    Bed bugs
  • salina123
    March 19, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    I checked for bed bugs. I didn't find anything at all.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    March 19, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Bed bugs usually have bites pretty much in groups of 3.  Fleas can bite on any area but  from my experience stay around ankles and legs- even though your dogs don't have fleas, they can come in on shoes.  Try moving her to a different bed or sleeping area and see if the bites seem to be coming only from her bed. I think I'd consult a skin doctor or even an allergist to track this down.

• holland0226
    March 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I would try one of the bed covers that zip around the whole mattress, they usually will contain bedbugs if you have them. Apparently they are very hard to detect but I would start there to see if it makes a difference. Good luck!

• kim8934
    by kim8934
    March 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Are you not sure what bug bite it is? I agree with the plastic cover.   get her a cheap stick of deodorant and have her rub that on the bite.

• Paradys
    by Paradys
    March 20, 2013 at 1:47 PM
    Any chance it's mosquitoes? If she's the only one who's allergic then y'all might even notice them
  • salina123
    March 21, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    Well..... It is bed bugs. I didn't find anything at all on any mattresses in the house but I found one on the actual bunk bed in her room. I have since sprayed it to kill everything and have thrown out. Bed, all mattresses, stuffed animals, pillows etc. all gone. We steamed the house and fogged. I vacuumed twice and steam cleaned all carpets twice. I took out all the clothes in the dressers and closets and washed them in a sanitize cycle. We stayed at home last night and no new bites. I will fogg again Sunday and vacuum and steam clean again too. I can't believe this is what is going on! Ugh!!!!
  • Pukalani79
    March 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Poor thing! Glad you figured it out though

Advice for Moms