Advice for Moms

Yogabean
Treatment Help!!! Dry, split knuckles...
March 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM

My 10-month old sucks his pinky, ring, and middle finger. His knuckles on his ring finger have split in the crease. It looks soooo painful. Mind you, he has eczema. Every chance I get, I try to put on Aquafor or Vaseline but that is the hand he sucks so it doesn't last long. I fear putting on a bandaid because he may get it off and choke on it. Any suggestions?????

Replies

• notjstasocermom
    March 7, 2013 at 8:24 PM

put socks or gloves on his hands after the lotion.

• karamille
    March 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I would see if you he would go for a chewie tube instead of his hands.  We like these...

http://www.beyondplay.com/cgi-bin/SEARCH.PL

• Yogabean
    March 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    Thank you both. I was afraid he would choke on a sock if he got it off. Maybe my sock.
  • ashley9603
    March 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM

My son has exzema and its a tough condition to treat.I suggest a&D ointment,vaseline and maybe try to busy him doing something with his hands.I know when my son gets to scratching,I try to keep him busy as often as I can.I currently take my son to a dermatologist and his is on oral meds in addition to home therapy(less frequent bathing,renew lotion,and keeping his skin as moist as possible.)

• SouthTxPrincess
    March 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    We use coconut oil for dry skin, ours isn't extreme though. Im only suggesting it because its all natural and is safe to be ingested (its cooking oil) and is realky good for your skin.
  • MissMia22
    March 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    I like coconut oil then bag balm and socks/ gloves on top of that when they sleep. I have horrible ecxema too and this works wonders for me!
  • AuntyEm774
    March 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    Ditto on what the previous posted said--I have psoriasis and the coconut oil and bag balm covered with a sock or mittens works great! (Good for diaper rash, too.)
  • la_bella_vita
    March 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM

You could try coconut oil, worked for my DD.

• beadingmom17
    March 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    Coconut oil!
  • cutestmom24
    March 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    Get him some teethers so he could chew on.walmart and target has a very good selection.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts