Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 9: Dust & Vacuum Everywhere
April 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Welcome to Day 9 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge!

When is the last time you thoroughly dusted your house? After you have everything cleaned and organized, it's time to dust and vacuum. Use a damp rag followed by a soft dry one and make dust disappear. Wipe down windowsills, baseboards, TVs and computers, etc., before you vacuum. When you vacuum, be sure to vacuum under/behind furniture, the coils on the fridge, etc.

When's the last time you dusted and vacuumed with gusto?
Which task do you like better??
What are your tips for making dusting and vacuuming quicker and easier?

One member who signs up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

Replies

• 12345abcde54321
    April 20, 2013 at 6:34 AM

i vac and dust 'with gusto' (lol) a few times a week. we have a german shepherd dog and boy is she a mess!

my tip is to use the vac as a duster. i take off the extender pole (or whatever the heck it's technical name is) and use the brush attachment to suck all of the furniture and window sills dust-free, then i put it back on and use the brush attachment on the woorwork, ledges of doors (another thing i don't know the real name for), and bottom/feet of furniture.

it goes by so quickly with an e-book on my ipod keeping me company!

• kgalvano
    April 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM

i have ceiling fans so they dont get dusted as much but i dust the rest of the house and mop a couple times a wk.

• AdrienneC71
    April 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Well, I really don't like dusting, so that only gets done once a month.  We vaccuum every other week.

• steph21078
    April 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM

no carpet, but the floor is swept and mopped everyday

• donnadea
    April 21, 2013 at 5:56 PM

we have already been doing this. Moving furniture to clean under too.

• shannon.m.park
    April 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I have an inhome daycare so Im constantly cleaning and vacuuming daily... Dusting, however is usually forgotten. 

Altho... Does anyone know why one room versus another would be covered in dust? Our bedroom is like a dust magnet, and I just cant figure out why!

• Bonneata
    April 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Honestly I don't like either but I try to do both twice week to prevent my allergies from going nuts plus I have a 20 month old boy that is all over everything. Just hit it up before I got on here! 

• earthangel1967
    April 23, 2013 at 4:27 AM

My apt is super tiny so these tasks dont take long but its also just me and Todd who are both super clean and organized so once or twice a week is plenty to keep it picture perfect. I far prefer vacumming over dusting.

• KRISTAL_WILDER
    April 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I do not even know what a gusto is.

• ZakkarysMom
    April 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    I dusted and vacummed well a few weeks ago. I hate dusting but I dont mind vacumming.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN