Advice for Moms

nicolet623
Terrible Twos??
March 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM

So my son is turning two next weekend.  He has started not listening and just throwing tantrums. Should I chalk it up to Terrible Twos? I am doing time outs, takin aways toys, redirection but i mean he is only two he really doesnt not get all that much. Plus it is only me, his dad and him at all times.  We are a Military family so we dont have any family out here and we are always together the three of us so he he maybe a bit spoiled but we do our best to control it.  I need help!

Replies

• breebree04
    March 5, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Sounds like the terrible twos are hitting. Just continue to be consistent with age appropriate punishments and eventually he will get that that is not appropriate behavior. In my experience it takes some time though. Good Luck

• 1sttymemom18
    March 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM

my step son turns two this week and i think he going thru his trouble two's.... he tells us no..yell. bang his head on the floor.... he tried talking to him an tellin him not to do that we put him in time out or take his toys...sometimes make him go to bed early.......is there anything else i can do...or should we just deal with it

• Bleacheddecay
    March 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Keep consistently giving him consequences, good and bad for his behavior choices. Things will get better. *hugs*

• LuLuRex
    by LuLuRex
    March 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I agree with this totally!

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Keep consistently giving him consequences, good and bad for his behavior choices. Things will get better. *hugs*

• bamababe1975
    March 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM

This is spot on. Consistency really helps him learn where the boundaries are of what he can and cannot do and what happens if he does something wrong. :)

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

• elkmomma
    March 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Be consistent with any discipline.  However, get down to his eye level and explain why he's in time out or whatever the punishment is.  When we stand and tower over them we just look like giant ogres.  The twos will pass faster than you think, but it feels like forever.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts