What's the #1 thing that stands between you and true happiness? Whether you're just unhappy right now or you have struggled for a long time, our expert is here to help you to be happier in your life!
Margaret Curley Sanborn, author of the book The Practical Guide to Happiness, will be here March 6th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!
As a bonus, three moms who reply to this post to ask Margaret a question will win a copy of the book!
Please ask your questions for Margaret in the replies below. Margaret will post her answers here as well.
Welcome, Margaret, and thanks for joining us!
The Official Rules:
- The Practical Guide Giveaway starts 3/4/13 at 12pm (ET) and ends 3/20/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
- Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
- Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
- Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of The Practical Guide to Happiness: If You Don't Like How You're Feeling, Think Again.
- The random drawing shall occur on or about 3/28/13.
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
- Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
March 4, 2013 at 2:07 PMI don't want to say that I'm not truly "happy". I just have extreme high anxiety and I dwell on the could haves/would haves. Weight is another issue I have. I'm not confident in my own skin and I always wish something was different. How would you address an issue like this?
I think I could be happier if I could connect better with my husband. What is something I could do to become closer with him without smothering him? We just had our second baby in January, and I feel like we have a small wedge that has started coming between us.
by Nature_girlMarch 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Can money buy happiness?
by MamaDee2BeeMarch 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I'd be happier if I could learn to budget the small amount of money I get twice a month thru cash assistance. I now have bills to pay and I'm supporting my two children. I pay my bills and then buy things for my kids that they need sometimes its just toys (they dont REALLY need them)but I get them anyway to keep them happy and then there's not really anything left for me to buy something for myself...i'd like to be able to buy clothes or something that I like just to put a smile on my face...and maybe feel better a/b myself.
I would be "happier" if I could get family budget started and could manage to loose some weight. What is the best way to go about this? I have tried multiple times to get a budget started but it never sticks. Something always comes up and throws me off track. And as far as loosing weight I have been some what trying since I had my last child 5 yrs ago and nothing has worked.