Advice for Moms

Radellia
Newborn help! *Update*
February 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I'm having issues with my newborn son at night. During the day he's calm when he's awake, takes good naps, nurses well. At night he's always screaming, has a difficult time latching, and won't sleep without me or DH holding him. I want to avoid co-sleeping, but last night his best sleep was after feeding (we were both lying down) and I let him stay in bed next to me - slept 4 hours!

Any advice on how to adjust him into his crib, getting a better sleep schedule at night? Of course DH and I expect to wake up multiple times, but right now one of us is constantly awake!

Update:

http://www.target.com/p/summer-infant-by-your-side-sleeper/-/A-13680579#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=By+your+side+sleeper

So a friend of mine suggested that it could possibly be that his crib is too much of a big open space and suggested we try the sleeper I linked above - her son had this issue and there was a similar product that helped. Figured, couldn't hurt, let's try it! So far... Working!!! I actually had to wake him up to feed instead of visa versa!

Thank you ladies for all your help and advice! I really appreciate it!

Replies

• Radellia
    February 20, 2013 at 5:27 AM
    Bump
  • jhslove
    by jhslove
    February 20, 2013 at 5:36 AM

I'm so glad you found something that worked! My daughter slept in her car seat by the bed until she was 3 months old (we rolled up a towel and put it under the front so it was tilted back and her head wouldn't slump forward) and then in a swing for a month when she outgrew the car seat but she wasn't ready for the crib yet. A lot of the time, newborns just need to be in a more "snuggled in" space.

• Mommy2justone
    February 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Yay, I am glad you are getting some more sleep! 

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts