Featured Posts
Radellia
Newborn help! *Update*
February 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I'm having issues with my newborn son at night. During the day he's calm when he's awake, takes good naps, nurses well. At night he's always screaming, has a difficult time latching, and won't sleep without me or DH holding him. I want to avoid co-sleeping, but last night his best sleep was after feeding (we were both lying down) and I let him stay in bed next to me - slept 4 hours!

Any advice on how to adjust him into his crib, getting a better sleep schedule at night? Of course DH and I expect to wake up multiple times, but right now one of us is constantly awake!

Update:

http://www.target.com/p/summer-infant-by-your-side-sleeper/-/A-13680579#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=By+your+side+sleeper

So a friend of mine suggested that it could possibly be that his crib is too much of a big open space and suggested we try the sleeper I linked above - her son had this issue and there was a similar product that helped. Figured, couldn't hurt, let's try it! So far... Working!!! I actually had to wake him up to feed instead of visa versa!

Thank you ladies for all your help and advice! I really appreciate it!

Replies

• Radellia
    February 20, 2013 at 5:27 AM
    Bump
  • jhslove
    by jhslove
    February 20, 2013 at 5:36 AM

I'm so glad you found something that worked! My daughter slept in her car seat by the bed until she was 3 months old (we rolled up a towel and put it under the front so it was tilted back and her head wouldn't slump forward) and then in a swing for a month when she outgrew the car seat but she wasn't ready for the crib yet. A lot of the time, newborns just need to be in a more "snuggled in" space.

• Mommy2justone
    February 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Yay, I am glad you are getting some more sleep! 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN