Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
Caitlinmari
Disappointed and taking child out of daycare
February 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Hey mommas!! I posted something last night about my toddler who was excluded from his daycare party. I saw some pictures show up on my newsfeed that one of the parents and our daycare was tagged in saying Daycare social 2013!! He goes to an inhome daycare and she didnt invite us or mention it to us. She has invited us every other time and we have been with her for almost 4 years cause I have an older son. So even us going only one day a week is no reason to not invite us. She even went out of her way to block us from her status that reminded the daycare families about the party. I am pulling him out cause I think it is very unprofessional how she excluded our son and our family but invited the other families. If your a daycare owner and throw a daycare party you invite all or dont have it period. Here is my letter to her.

I am writing you this because I saw that you had a daycare social 2013 and for whatever reason you did not invite us or even mention anything to us about this. I found out through seeing on my facebook the tagged pictures of it. I am not sure why you would not invite Carter and our family to this party but yet you invited every other family and went out of your way to block us from your postings about it. This was very hurtful to our family. I don’t why you excluded us but we have been with you for almost 4 years and was welcome to every other daycare gathering. We find this unprofessional and are very disappointed. Carter will no longer be coming to your daycare. If you go out of your way to exclude us, we do not feel very welcomed.

Would you guys do the same? Or am I over reacting?

Replies

• spotsmom
    February 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I would do what you are doing. That's crappy. 

• nuts4scouts
    February 21, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Ok so I am paying for my son to go to her DAYCARE. and she is throwing a DAYCARE social for all the families in the daycare and my son who is part of the daycare doesnt get invited? its not like it was just some get together randomly it was specifically called DAYCARE SOCIAL 2013. that is like if your child had a school party or if his/her teacher had a classroom party for all the students in the class and didnt invite your child and they were the only one not invited.

You are paying for DAYCARE - NOT - Daycare PARTIES.

The party was held on a day that your child does not attend.

Comparing your daycare party to a party in a regular school classroom does not fly. It is NOT the same. Your child goes ONE day per week - a regular school class is every day, Monday - Friday. If a teacher has an in-classroom party there is no need to "invite" anyone. Everyone is already there. The only students missing would be those who were home sick. The absent students would simply miss it.

Again - the party was held on a day that your child does NOT ATTEND the daycare.

• LilliesValley
    February 21, 2013 at 5:46 AM
    Op update please, what did day care personal say?
  • LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    February 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM

You asked for opinions. Mine is, yes, you are over reacting.

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Ok so I am paying for my son to go to her DAYCARE. and she is throwing a DAYCARE social for all the families in the daycare and my son who is part of the daycare doesnt get invited? its not like it was just some get together randomly it was specifically called DAYCARE SOCIAL 2013. that is like if your child had a school party or if his/her teacher had a classroom party for all the students in the class and didnt invite your child and they were the only one not invited.

Quoting LyTe684:

She's providing a service, right? Does she provide that service well? Who she chooses to invite to her parties are her own personal business.

You are overreacting.

• meliscool72
    February 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I can't say what I would or would not do. However, if you feel unwelcome then I think you did the right thing because if you feel unwelcome, your child might feel unwelcome each time he goes there, who knows. So I think you did the right the thing it is not right to exclude just one family. I would like to hear her response if she is even man enough to do that much

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts