Featured Posts
Armywife081011
Chemicals
February 18, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Anyone know of the best way to go organic for babies? Whats the best working, least expensive organic products? I have been reading a lot on the chemicals in the Johnson and Johnson products and am not going to use their products until they fix the problems. Anyone have any advice for this mommy on a budget?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    February 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM

All products or just body care?   For laundry detergent we use the ECO brand in lemongrass scent.  They also have an unscented one as well.   Mrs meyers is a good brand for all natural/organic ( i think they fit in this catergory) detergents and cleaners.

• frndlyfn
    February 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM

http://www.babyearth.com/natural-skin-care.html

• ZakkarysMom
    February 18, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    Burts Bees shampoo and body wash
  • Armywife081011
    February 18, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Thank you all! I just want the best for my kiddos! Which I am sure is what we all want :)

• funhappymom
    February 19, 2013 at 8:48 AM

a good site to use is http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

We use california baby and it last a long time. One bottle lasted us about 6 months.

• tresproudmommy
    February 19, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I also use California baby.  I bought a sample pack from Target when DD was first born and we still have things left...7mths later.  I also use ALL Free and Clear laundry detergent and add one cup of baking soda...to keep the clothes soft and one cup of vinegar...to disinfect.  I like to keep my home chemical free!

• stargaze281
    February 19, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Hun, I am not sure. You can try feeding your lo food from home, such as fruits. Or the brand I have used was 'earths best' its organic. :-)

• stargaze281
    February 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM

For body care, I have used many brands before, But I use Mustela baby products. I used to use Dreft or All laundry detergant.

• stargaze281
    February 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I never tried the california baby products. I have tried babyganics, johnson & johnson, aveeno, but my fav. is Mustela. I have been using mustela products. :-)

Quoting tresproudmommy:

I also use California baby.  I bought a sample pack from Target when DD was first born and we still have things left...7mths later.  I also use ALL Free and Clear laundry detergent and add one cup of baking soda...to keep the clothes soft and one cup of vinegar...to disinfect.  I like to keep my home chemical free!

• Mommy2justone
    February 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM

newborns don't need soap. So no lotions or soaps are needed till they are a little older. We just washed with water till she started getting rolls under her chin :) 
    Also, we use olive oil to moisterize her little cheeks that got chapped.
    Good luck 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts