Featured Posts
MommyMitchy247
Does using tampons mess up a young girl's virginity?
February 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM

My niece Leila is 14 years old and ever since her mom (my brother's wife) passed away, I've been there for her and I have loved her like my own child. She got her first period when she was 13 and she recently asked me if she could use tampons instead of pads because she wants to join the school swimteam next year. 

I've heard rumours that if you use tampons, you aren't a virgin anymore. My mom told me that when I was Leila's age and I obeyed her. I didn't use tampons until college, a couple months after I lost my virginity.

Of course, times have changed since then, but I still have my doubts.

What do you guys think? Does using tampons mess up a young girl's virginity?

Replies

• Paradys
    by Paradys
    February 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM
    Most girls lose their hymen from strenuous daily activity running around, soccer, monkey bars, baseball, etc.
    You lose your virginity the first time you have sex.
  • Amberleigh81
    February 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    No. Tampons have nothing to do with sex.
  • atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    February 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM
    Is this for real? Virginity is lost by having sex. Girls age 10 use tampons. They are virgins.
  • mama.samm.2.3
    February 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
    She is safe to use tampons. It wont mess with her virginity at all.
  • AubreeGrace17
    February 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    I think that's completely false.
  • mylilgooberpea
    February 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM
    I lost my hymen using a tampon. Hurt like heck! Sex would have been even more painful my first time if it hadnt. I was a virgin till I was 20. So there you go. First hand account.
  • knoxmomof2
    February 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM

First off, it's not that big of an issue anymore, like it was in those times.....due to ignorance, proof of virginity was an intact hymen. We know now that several physical aspects, plus daily activities can affect the condition of the hymen, and let's face it, virgin brides are (unfortunately) a rarity in today's world. 

I don't know about you, but IMO, a virgin is a girl whose vagina has not been penetrated by a penis at the very least. At the strictest level, a virgin is a girl who has never been past a kiss. It all depends on the individual (the girl and the partner, basically).

Using feminine hygiene products has nothing to do with sexual purity.....it's no different than putting a Q tip in your ear to remove wax. 

I am glad you are asking, though. Leila is lucky to have you.

• frndlyfn
    February 7, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Virginity is lost when having sex not using products for hygiene.  I think best option would be to talk to her doctor about it just to reassure everyone.   Most girls lose the hymen during sports or riding horses/bicycles.

• thatgirl70
    February 7, 2013 at 11:46 PM

FFS...

• raegan1221
    February 7, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Quoting mama.samm.2.3:

She is safe to use tampons. It wont mess with her virginity at all.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN