Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
6 Beautiful Ways to Carve Out Creative Spaces for the Kids - Do you have a designated art/study space in your home?
February 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM

6 Beautiful Ways to Carve Out Creative Spaces for the Kids

Posted by Gabrielle Blair on February 7, 2013 

Whether it be used for homework or for coloring the next great masterpiece, every kid needs a spot where they can get creative! Of course the kitchen table will do in a pinch, but I've found that having a designated space available certainly helps foster a bit more focus, so why not have some fun with it?

I've put together some rather delightful inspirations (like that spiffy little nook above, a renovated closet if I'm not mistaken). Click through to see 5 more below!

Oh I love a flip-top desk and these are just about the cutest I've ever seen. Such great storage and the chairs are a bonus treat! 

Here's a smart spot full of everything your littles will need. Crayons, drawing board, sharpened pencils ... it's all here!

How about a built-in desk instead? Here's a modern take on a sweet study nook. I love the washi taped artwork hanging above. 

IKEA has the best supplies! Get creative with organization and make cleanup a real breeze. 

Painting a wood floor a bright color adds a playful pop, and the built-in desk is an excellent choice, leaving plenty of room for creative fun!

Do you have a designated art/study space in your home? I'm interested to know how you encourage these kinds of activities with your kids.

Replies

• Mom2Just1
    February 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    I like these. We have a place in our kitchen for the kids. Great when you're cooking dinner.
  • jstine86
    February 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Ooooohhhh!! I LOVE these!! The house we live in has an old formal living room that the previous owners used as an office. We had no interest in using it for anything so we made it into a play room for our son. :) I'm definitely saving a couple of these pics for our next project :) I especially love pic number 4, the built in. Then my son can't drag his desk all around. ;)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN