Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
Shaketa123
Pageants or No Pageants?
February 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Hi ladies well me and mom keep arguing about this pageant stuff I keep telling her no but she says she is going to do it anyway but she can't w/o my permission I believe that show Toddlers and Taras has gone to her head..I need advice on how to tell my mom to just STOP

Replies

• Lurion
    by Lurion
    February 6, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Tell her to give you the $3,000 and you'll buy a new dress and a big old crown for your daughter and let her prance through the mall. lol 

Would she go for dance reictals or cheer?

• comptonkids
    February 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM
    Meh...as long as its a natural pageant and your dd is having fun...let her, but as soon as it stops being fun..then I'd stop
    Just my opinion :)
    We'd dp the natural ones but even those cost money we don't have...if my mom was willing to pay for it...we'd prob do a couple just for fun
  • Shaketa123
    February 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Lol..I havent decided yet

Quoting Lurion:

Tell her to give you the $3,000 and you'll buy a new dress and a big old crown for your daughter and let her prance through the mall. lol 

• tifferie
    February 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    My daughter is 2 and in cheer/dance. She loves that toddlers in tiaras show. Honestly if we did do it, we would only do natural.
  • Lurion
    by Lurion
    February 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

When my daughter saw T&T she asked me to be in pageants, too. I considered it. They have Hispanic ones where all the girls take a class together to learn modeling and dance and they all become friends. The end pageant is more of a recital. 

I ended up putting her in cheer and she LOVES it. I'm very happy because it's really a sport. They still get to put on sparkly outfits and makeup and big bows to compete. She gets great exercise, is building friendships and learning teamwork. 

One of my reservations about pageants was that it seems so competitive and I think girls have a hard enough time with all the cattiness and cliques as it is.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Lol..I havent decided yet

Quoting Lurion:

• alexis_06
    February 7, 2013 at 12:40 AM

i would just put her in a different type of activity..swimming, dance, soccer..something!

• Jenn820
    by Jenn820
    February 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    How old is your daughter? Does your daughter want to do a pagent? If you're daughter is into it, it might not hurt to let her do one (assuming grandma doesn't go crazy).
    However, you are the parent. If you are truly against it, and you think it will be emotionally bad for your daughter, then tell your mom that. Inform her that this is your daughter, you do not want errrr in pagents for this and that reason. You will not be changing your mind and she does not have your permission to enter your daughter herself.
  • Mommy2justone
    February 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM

With your kid? 

• lnr187
    by lnr187
    February 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM

it's your child. the answer is no. end of story.

• DaniandTom
    February 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I think by telling her just like you did here--JUST STOP! You're right that she can't do this without your permission. Let her be a kid, for heaven's sake! Girls grow up way too quickly these days as it is. 

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts