Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Have you ever thought about installing a nanny cam? Would this change your mind?
February 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Hidden Camera Catches Nanny Abusing Baby (VIDEO)

Posted by Lindsay Mannering on February 6, 2013 

nanny cam I guess this is why nanny cams were invented. A Staten Island mom suspected something was up with her babysitter and had a hidden camera installed in her carbon monoxide detector. She said she was going to the store one afternoon in late January, but really, she went to a nearby location to watch the nanny cam feed. Shortly after she left, the nanny gave the 5-month-old baby a bottle, then began hitting it across the face and shaking the infant when it refused to be fed.

The mother then rushed home and called the police.

Their nanny, a 52-year-old Uzbekistan-native, put up a fight the next day when the cops showed up, but was ultimately arrested. She's been charged with endangering the welfare of a child and resisting arrest -- she's currently being held in jail.

Even though this story is horrifying, it serves as a good reminder to follow your instincts. This mom knew something was up and wasn't shy about installing a hidden camera and getting the sad evidence she needed so that the nanny could pay for her crimes.

Granted, I don't know why the mom didn't just fire the woman the second she thought there was anything wrong, but I imagine she had a good reason to take the nanny-cam route.

Regardless, there's a happy ending. The kids are now safe and the nanny is behind bars ... all thanks to a mother's intuition.

The video evidence of the abuse is hard to watch, so be warned.

Would you ever install a nanny cam?

Replies

• emmy526
    by emmy526
    February 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM

hope that bitch is getting what she deserves--in jail.

• SexyTeacher
    February 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM

We used a nanny cam when my daughter was younger and we had babysitters. Now dd says that 2 families she babysits for have them. The families actually told her that they had a cam but not where they were located.

• rrs256
    by rrs256
    February 8, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I don't need too because I wouldn't leave my DS with a stranger, neighbor, or anybody who isn't family.

• MoeksieNature
    February 8, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I honestly dont know how that Mom kept it together after seeing that being done to her child! I'd smack her as soon as I walk into the house. Then lock her into a room (for her own safety and my sanity) whilst I wait for the cops to come... I'd be LIVID! This just brings out Momma Bear in me!!

• -PB
    by -PB
    February 8, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I can't understand why people baby sit children and abuse them.  If you can't handle watching children why do it?  Find another job.  Go work at walmart or mcdonalds.  I just don't get it.

• sarahfaith123
    February 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM

oh, i can't watch that video, steph, knowing the description. i would just hire someone i know and trust and not use the camera because i wouldnt want to be filmed if it were me. but when i looked at daycares i felt that i wished the whole day was filmed just so i could watch it later and not miss out.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN