Advice for Moms

gem_mommie
Date Ideas? POIG
February 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Okay Ladies - I need some input, PLEASE.

So hubby and I are definitely going out Valentine's Day...got the sitter, no time constraints other than he works until 4:30. We're not really doing presents...we're getting the heck outta the house together KID FREE. w00t!!! Original plan - yummy dinner at a steakhouse we love and Hansel and Gretal (sp, sorry) in 3D. Bummer; it's not showing Valentine's night. Okay so, now I've kind of gotten off on a separate tangent looking for something a little different for us to do together. We live in no-man's land! Lol. He doesn't want to travel to DC (we're near Shenandoah Valley Virginia). Closest city is Winchester. It's pretty dang cold around here right now.

Anyone want to throw some suggestions my way? I even thought of getting tattooed together, but - I don't have any clue what we would get yet. Lol. We've been thinking on that for a LONG while. Just something, different! I've searched and searched the internet, nothing comes up that's appealing in our area.

I know we'll have fun no matter what we do - we love being together and always have a great time. I'm just looking for something...different. Ugh! Helllllllp!

At the very least, maybe some other mamas will get some good pointers. ;)

Thanks!!

Replies

• ceciliam
    February 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I can't think of anything off the top of my head...let me think about it.

• Bleacheddecay
    February 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM

How about a different movie or a play?

How about going to a gun range or book store? My husband and I have enjoyed both.

• ScarletRose4488
    February 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM

The gun range is fun.  Paintballing too.  Any retro roller-rinks or glo-bowling near you?   I laughed my a$$ off those nights. 

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    February 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I have no clue what you have around there, but hubby and I love the comedy club for date nights..

• gem_mommie
    February 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM

This is GREAT. I need to look into it. He actually just bought me my first shotgun and handgun. He's been teaching me how to take them apart, put them together, load them, gun safety...etc. Shooting is something we've really REALLY wanted to do together. I grew up in Cali, but he's a local to the country here. He's a great balance of city with country roots. If we had the vehicle I'd say we should go muddin' after a yummy meal. lol.

Thank you for this suggestion!

Quoting ScarletRose4488:

The gun range is fun.  Paintballing too.  Any retro roller-rinks or glo-bowling near you?   I laughed my a$$ off those nights. 

Advice for Moms