Featured Posts
lightning918
Landlord Help
February 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM
My landlord posted a notice on my door today saying its my second notice for having a window open and that is not allowed because they pay heat and that they sent out notices last month. We never got a notice last month. Yes the window was open, but my landlord refuses to do anything with the heating system so in order to have heat it has to be set at 85 degrees. Is it legal for them not to fix the heat? Is there anything that I can do about this. My husband is going to call and talk to them about this saying its our second notice since we never received a first notice and being 37 degrees today I didn't think it would be a problem to crack the window for literally less than 10 minutes. Yes we have lived here about 3 years and they usually give everyone a notice in October saying we cannot open the windows, however they did not do that this year which I thought was because they are not fixing the heat and it is absolutely unbearable in here even with fans running on high all day everyday.

ETA: I think they are mad at us because they had to call a guy to come fix our oven that wasn't working for 4 days. All they had to do was replace the bake element and I told the landlord what it was and how to do it but he called in a repair guy and wasted money doing that

Replies

• Lorriane
    February 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM

They have to fix it because it is actually a fire hazard. I would find out what the laws are in your state.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN