Advice for Moms

littlemomma2117
need a little help..
February 5, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Ok here we go. My son will be 1 in a few Weeks, and right now the only thing he wants is yogurt, is that bad? On the second thing, my little girl is sick she will drink water but she will not go pee, what can I do?

Replies

• Ravishing_dame
    February 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Yogurt is high in fat, sugar and animal proteins.  It really isn't a wise choice to be giving him nothing but diary.  He needs more vitamins and proteins in his diet.  As for your daughter, she may have a urinary tract infection.  I would take her to the Pediatrict and talk with him/her about it.

• LuLuRex
    by LuLuRex
    February 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I would talk to your pedi about both kids. 

My daughter went through a yogurt phase both I could always get some variety along with the yogurt.

• MrsJoe125
    February 5, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Eating only one food is common at that age; don't worry about it.  Do try to interest him in other foods and he'll be on something else soon enough.

She will EVENTUALLY go pee.  Check the time frame somewhere like WebMD or some official medical website or call her pedi (IOW, find out for sure), but there is a point where you should take her to the ER for that.  It might be 24 hrs; IDK.  (do find out for sure what the time frame for that is).

• whoodathunk
    February 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Call the pediatrician regarding your daughter immediately.  

• ceciliam
    February 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM

With your son, you can try adding stuff to the yogurt and also offer other foods with the yogurt, so you are still offering him a variety of foods. My son loved yogurt at that age but I would also mix oatmeal in it.

As for your daughter, I would call the pediatrician. She could have a UTI or she could be dehydrated, since you are saying she is sick.

• marisab
    by marisab
    February 6, 2013 at 10:12 AM

make sure u get him vitamins but try to encourage him to eat courtesy bites befoer he has his yogurt as long as he sgaining and dr says he shealthy should be ok

• kali_mom
    February 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    These babies sometimes have us going every which way. When you take your daughter in to have her appt make sure to mention your sons diet. He should be getting some protein as well as good carbs. Almost all children go thru a food phase like this. Cont to offer other choices while you wait to see the doctor.
  • LindaClement
    February 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM

It is common for kids, when they suddenly stop growing so fast, to stop accepting all kinds of foods because they're genuinely not hungry.

Don't stop offering a variety, and pay as little attention as you can manage to the volume. If he's hungry, he'll eat what's available. Don't get into power struggles over things children need to do to avoid dying.

• LindaClement
    February 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

If it's been more than 12 hours since your daughter peed, go to the doctor immediately. Kidney failure is terribly hard on the body, and best avoided.

• kirbymom
    February 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I would suggest following Linda's advice on both accounts. What she posted is correct.  Especially if your duaghter is drinking nothing but water and isn't going potty.  

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts