Featured Posts
carly1993
Is my beautiful son autistic?
February 3, 2013 at 5:37 AM

As I explained before, my son is very hurtful towards me, both physically and verbally, and he also hurts other children so he can't go to school and doesn't have any playmates. It took me forever to find a babysitter patient enough to take care of him when I go to work and college and my parents aren't available to keep an eye on him.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe he's autistic or has some kind of developmental disorder? I myself have OCD and his biological father has severe psychological problems, I don't know if they are related to autism or not though. My son is very sweet deep down and I know that because sometimes he is so affectionate and gentle, maybe he is just frustrated because he can't express himself the right way? Should I ask his doctor and maybe get him some kind of evaluation?

Thanks for your help.

Carly

Replies

• Kimbunny
    February 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I think you should make an appointment with his pediatritian.  Discuss what is going on and the doctor should be able to offer advice and do some evaluating.  It's not fair for either of you for him to be so angry all the time.  Good luck!

• marisab
    by marisab
    February 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM

the only real way to know for sure is to have him evalyuated na dtested.where do u live??if u need support a good place to start is the autism:across the spectrum group here on cm

• kali_mom
    February 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    Testing is the key as you can see from the other posts. Try not to blame yourself and stay strong for you and your son. It will work itself out..
  • hexxuss
    by hexxuss
    February 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Back where I moved from you can get an educational evaluation & a medical eval for Autism/other problems.  I would HIGHLY recommend you seek out whichever one is faster to obtain there. Will keep you & he in my prayers.

• LindaClement
    February 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Lots of people are violent without being autistic.

It sounds more like he's figured out that he can get what he wants when he's violent. Smart kid.

• carly1993
    February 5, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I'm going to make an appointment soon to get him evaluated. I'll update you after we go!

Tonight he's been unusually sweet though. <3

• ladyhawk2013
    February 8, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Yes you should ask his primary care physician, and yes what you have can be passed down to him through genetics, my prayers go wiith you.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    February 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    Maybe ODD.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN