Advice for Moms

hdvorak20
A little ticked
January 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I know everyone has problems with their in laws at some point in time. I have been with my husband for almost 6 years! A little over a year ago we moved to another state to live by family and away from his. It has been a non stop battle with all of them. i just recently stopped talking to both of my sister in laws because I got tired of being pushed to the side one week and then the next month be shut out for no reason. they are constantly in and out of my kids lives and I cant take it anymore. After 5 months of my husband and I not talking to his family we heard from his brother and his wife. It has been about a month since then yet we still dont talk. The only time there is talking is when it is being rubbed in our face that nobody cares to ask how things are going or to ask about our kids! I am so fed up with it but they never seem to go away! Anyone have any suggestions?!?!?!?!?!

Replies

• anotherandree
    January 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM

It sounds like you know to expect the unexpected, but you are trying to expected the expected.  Does that make sense?  LOL!  What I mean is that why are you expecting them to call consistently when it is just not how they work?  It may be how you and your family work, but it may not be how they work.  It is frustrating, though.  There really isn't any suggestions except, you are going to have to call when YOU want to talk to them and let them not calling roll off your back.  (My father's WHOLE side are not phone people.  I seriously wonder why they even bother to have phones.  That is what I do about them.  I take no offense to them, but accept them for who they are.)

• frndlyfn
    January 30, 2013 at 10:30 PM

No clue.   My so hasnt talked to his sons in over a month due to a big fight they had.  He wants them to apologize to very least  their sister for what they said.  I highly doubt it will come since they are stubborn like their dad and one is bipolar.

• NearSeattleMom
    January 31, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Can you just be polite without expecting them to be your best friends?  I think if you can lower your expectations for them maybe you will find that you can co-exist more peacefully.

Good luck!

• bamababe1975
    January 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

This is a great idea.

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

Can you just be polite without expecting them to be your best friends?  I think if you can lower your expectations for them maybe you will find that you can co-exist more peacefully.

Good luck!

• hdvorak20
    January 31, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I have tried to just get along with all of them on their terms and it has never worked. I really just want to eliminate them from my life but I dont want to do it in a manner that is going to cause a fight

• NearSeattleMom
    February 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Quoting hdvorak20:

I have tried to just get along with all of them on their terms and it has never worked. I really just want to eliminate them from my life but I dont want to do it in a manner that is going to cause a fight

I do understand.  Maybe just ignore them and concentrate on relationships with people that you do love.

Good luck!

• AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    February 1, 2013 at 4:06 AM
    That's what I was thinking.

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

Good luck!

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts