Advice for Moms

ShawnsMom31
Group Advice?
January 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I'm searching Cafe Mom groups, trying to find other Moms who understand my situation. I have two children of my own (a son 6, a daughter 19 months), and I am divorced from there father. In 2010 my Sil passed from Melanoma at 33, I quickly jumped in as surrogate Mom to help out my brother. In April 2012 my brother had a heart attack, and my niece found him. I worked with my brother everyday & he was my best friend, he left his children to me. I moved out of a house that was payed for & moved my 2 kids into his house to take care of his 2 kids also (niece 9 & nephew 7). My brothers house was twice the size of mine, also I didn't want to make them leave the only stability they had left. It's really hard, but I love these 4 kids. I just really wish I had someone to talk to about our situation. Thanks ladies.

Replies

• mammabear413
    January 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe u can find smaller house and so it can be fresh new start for All if you. I think your doing a great Job wish I hat more to help u with
  • LuLuRex
    by LuLuRex
    January 29, 2013 at 5:09 PM

You might want to check out the Adoptive Moms group. They are very helpful and know all about blending families and handling transitions. 

Join theAdoptive Moms group

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM

What tragedies for all of you. You are a good woman to be so caring. I hope the group that LuluRex mentioned can help you.

• Tiffwith3plus3
    January 30, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    Hi! My husband and I are also raising a siblings children, we have had our three nephews since 2010. It's shocking when your family doubles in size overnight, isn't it? If I can help, or you just need someone to talk to, I'm around! Good luck, and good job!
  • ShawnsMom31
    January 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Thank you all ladies ♥

Advice for Moms