Advice for Moms

AnAngelsKiss
sewing Mamas I need help
January 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Ok idk how to use a pattern. Idk how to use a sewing machine. I have never had a sewing lesson. I am always hand making stuff. Well this time I just made dd elmo slippers. Now I am trying to make her matching pajamas to the slippers. For some reason the crotch of my pants look like a diaper. How do I fix it so they look like normal pants?

Replies

• Mrsfarr
    by Mrsfarr
    January 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    Do the pants in four sections. Front left leg, back left leg, front right, back right rather than front and back. It should be easier to adjust the crotch with the four parts meeting in the middle so it doesn't look like a full diaper.
  • AnAngelsKiss
    January 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM

won't that put a seam between the leg and hips?

• bamababe1975
    January 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Hi! You should also ask the crafty moms on the Craft Cafe, too:

• AnAngelsKiss
    January 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM

What is that? Nvm it is a new group. Thank you for letting me know about it since I am very crafty and always doing creative stuff.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Hi! You should also ask the crafty moms on the Craft Cafe, too:

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Look at how your pants or other pants are put together.  I agree with Mrsfarr to do them in 4 parts.

• jupiter5
    January 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM

see how the crotch is cut, thats important so it conforms to body shape, im sorry i  cant help much over the internet, i am very visual, you need 4 peices that look like that or two peices that when folded lengthwise look like that kwim?

• Mrsfarr
    by Mrsfarr
    January 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    I didn't realize I messed that up until someone liked it and a reread it.

Basically, you have your four panels left front and back and right front and back. Sew the outside of left front and back together then the outside of right front and back together. You'll have two open legs... Kind of like a pair of cowboy chaps. Sew the two halves together just at the top so that you can put them on and pin together where you'd like the rest of the seams to fit. Because you have a four way intersection of sorts at the crotch, you should be able to adjust the fit better down the backside and underneath.
    Make sense?

Quoting AnAngelsKiss:

won't that put a seam between the leg and hips?

• AnAngelsKiss
    January 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I looked at a bunch of pants I have. I also watched tutorials on sewing pants. Thank you. What it was is I needed to place a seam in the middle of the top both front and back. I am going to finish sewing the legs then cut the center of the top part then place them on my daughter pin accurately then sew it.

Quoting Bmat:

Look at how your pants or other pants are put together.  I agree with Mrsfarr to do them in 4 parts.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts