Advice for Moms

nessac1987
mirena sucks :(
January 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM
A month after getting mirena i started having anxiety attacks and a seizure. I thought it was a combination of the high stress at home and work.Well since my seizure i have had headaches on a daily basis. Recently i started experiencing rapid heart rates. I read up mirena symptoms and it only matches with my headaches. So i researched other peoples actual symptoms and they were the same stories. Since yesterday afternoon my heart had been beating super fast. I feel like I'm on drugs. I can't wait for the dr office to open so that i can get this damn thing taken out. I'm just afraid of getting worst once its out. As some people have reported.

Replies

• -PB
    by -PB
    January 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Another mom posted similar problems a few days ago.  Craziness.  Here's the link...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/advice/forums/read/17975839/Mirena_Crash_OR

• ceciliam

I have heard Mirena is no good. I hope you feel better.

• x_Starr_x
    you should have got paraguard no hormones last 10yrs also there's law suits with merina plus there trying yo take it off market
  • Yurixsi
    by Yurixsi
    January 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    I had alot of problems with mirena.. Took it out
  • -PB
    by -PB
    January 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I have paragard.  Love it.  ;-)

Quoting x_Starr_x:

you should have got paraguard no hormones last 10yrs also there's law suits with merina plus there trying yo take it off market

• x_Starr_x
    January 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    i had mine 3 yrs but took it out to get preggo took only 1 cycle lol only complaint would be heavier periods.

Quoting -PB:

I have paragard.  Love it.  ;-)

Quoting x_Starr_x:

• aydensXmommy
    January 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    I had a lot of problems with mine. I loved it for the first couple months, but after that, my body started going crazy! I dealt with it for a year and a half and got it removed as soon as we got our taxes back (didn't have insurance, but it ended up not costing much). I *instantly* felt better when it was taken out. I've had it out since Feb of last year and I haven't had any problems. Good luck!
  • 0Kit0
    by 0Kit0
    January 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    This is my second one. No problems with either. The hormonesnlast "5" not "10" years. Bestbof luck getting squared away.
  • nessac1987
    January 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    Yes i actually replied too her post.. That's when i decided to finally take it out

Quoting -PB:

Another mom posted similar problems a few days ago.  Craziness.  Here's the link...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/advice/forums/read/17975839/Mirena_Crash_OR

• Mom2Just1
    January 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I had one in for 2 years and no problem.  Good luck!

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts