Featured Posts
nessac1987
mirena sucks :(
January 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM
A month after getting mirena i started having anxiety attacks and a seizure. I thought it was a combination of the high stress at home and work.Well since my seizure i have had headaches on a daily basis. Recently i started experiencing rapid heart rates. I read up mirena symptoms and it only matches with my headaches. So i researched other peoples actual symptoms and they were the same stories. Since yesterday afternoon my heart had been beating super fast. I feel like I'm on drugs. I can't wait for the dr office to open so that i can get this damn thing taken out. I'm just afraid of getting worst once its out. As some people have reported.

Replies

• -PB
    by -PB
    January 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Another mom posted similar problems a few days ago.  Craziness.  Here's the link...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/advice/forums/read/17975839/Mirena_Crash_OR

• ceciliam

I have heard Mirena is no good. I hope you feel better.

• x_Starr_x
    you should have got paraguard no hormones last 10yrs also there's law suits with merina plus there trying yo take it off market
  • Yurixsi
    by Yurixsi
    January 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    I had alot of problems with mirena.. Took it out
  • -PB
    by -PB
    January 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I have paragard.  Love it.  ;-)

Quoting x_Starr_x:

you should have got paraguard no hormones last 10yrs also there's law suits with merina plus there trying yo take it off market

• x_Starr_x
    January 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    i had mine 3 yrs but took it out to get preggo took only 1 cycle lol only complaint would be heavier periods.

Quoting -PB:

I have paragard.  Love it.  ;-)

Quoting x_Starr_x:

• aydensXmommy
    January 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    I had a lot of problems with mine. I loved it for the first couple months, but after that, my body started going crazy! I dealt with it for a year and a half and got it removed as soon as we got our taxes back (didn't have insurance, but it ended up not costing much). I *instantly* felt better when it was taken out. I've had it out since Feb of last year and I haven't had any problems. Good luck!
  • 0Kit0
    by 0Kit0
    January 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    This is my second one. No problems with either. The hormonesnlast "5" not "10" years. Bestbof luck getting squared away.
  • nessac1987
    January 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    Yes i actually replied too her post.. That's when i decided to finally take it out

Quoting -PB:

Another mom posted similar problems a few days ago.  Craziness.  Here's the link...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/advice/forums/read/17975839/Mirena_Crash_OR

• Mom2Just1
    January 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I had one in for 2 years and no problem.  Good luck!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN