Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
mamaelle88
missed periods with BC?
January 28, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I had a baby 7 months ago, and two months after having him my period regulated. It was starting at first week of everything month, and during this time I was Bfing as well. My gyno placed me on a BC pill and at 4 month post, it literally made my milk dry up, so I then hurried and called and was placed on another pill. My supply did come back in, but baby no longer latched. Well at my 6 months post pregnancy, he switched me back to the regular pill since I was no longer bfing, and again I have had a regular period, same time everything month since he was 2 months old. 

I started taking Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 Dec. 12th. My last period was Dec. 2 and I haven't had one since. I freaked out, so I did take a pregnancy test and it was negative, but now I am curious, does this pill make you lose the period? I went and googled info, but women said after 3 packs, or after contiuned use, and this has been just one pack! I am on my 4th week of the back and like I said, still havent started a period. UGH!

Replies

• kirita323
    January 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I'm on micronor, a progestin-only pill due to breastfeeding, and I skipped a period last month. I think it's even more common with the combined pills.

• breebree04
    January 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I was on that for along time and always had a period unless I purposely skipped week four and started a new pack right after week 3 (dr recommended). I am still on that brand but I take the 21 pack now without iron so I can take them continually to skip my periods but if I want to have a period I just take the three weeks and then nothing for a week and I will have a period everytime. BC effects everyone in different ways though so I would ask your gyno if this is ok, it may not work for you and Im sure you dont want an unexpected pregnancy

• Bleacheddecay
    January 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM

That's strange sounding to me. I mean these days one of the reasons to go on the pill is to skip periods but if you are not trying to do that and it keeps happening that doesn't sound right to me. Have you asked at the Ob-gyn office about this?

Breastfeeding does cause a lot of skipped periods. I never had a period while I was doing it but that doesn't mean you can't get pregnant.

• mamaelle88
    January 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    I havent been breast feeding for 3 months. But even.when I was I still had a regular period

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

That's strange sounding to me. I mean these days one of the reasons to go on the pill is to skip periods but if you are not trying to do that and it keeps happening that doesn't sound right to me. Have you asked at the Ob-gyn office about this?

Breastfeeding does cause a lot of skipped periods. I never had a period while I was doing it but that doesn't mean you can't get pregnant.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts