Advice for Moms

HerMommy16
should i take her to see daddy?
January 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Hi guys Im new here and I have a question that I would like your opinion on. My fiance is in jail most likely until April and he wants to see our daughter. I'm very skeptical about going and bringing her.in that environment. What should I do She misses him dearly. And She keeps looking for him.Any suggestions or what would you do?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Whatever you are comfortable with.  Depending on the jail she may or may not be able to touch him and could get more confused.

• Mommynwife26
    January 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM
    How old is she? What is he in jail for?
  • JeremysMom
    January 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM

My husband works in a jail and I see children there all the time when I am dropping things off to him. April is a long time for her to wait so I say yes, however, depending on her age, try to explain the situation. PLEASE don't tell her that daddy is on vacation. They know more than you think they do.

• AngeLnChainZ
    January 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM

That depends on her age, maturity level and how much she is able to understand. Keep in mind, it may be harder on her having to leave him than if she doesn't see him at all. Will he be able to have face to face visitation or through a glass? Thats another thing to consider.

• HerMommy16
    January 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

She just turned one and he is at wayside .

• HerMommy16
    January 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

he is in jail for assualt with great bodily harm. His sister was about to be abused in front of him and he beat up her husband .

• HerMommy16
    January 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Im not sure if its face to face or behind a glass it will be my first time going as well.

• Elyssa414
    January 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    Don't bring her the first time. Go, check it out, and see if you feel comfortable bringing her there.

Quoting HerMommy16:

Im not sure if its face to face or behind a glass it will be my first time going as well.

• supermomz25
    January 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM

when my older kids bio dad was in jail I took them to visit him. my daughter was about 2 or so and she didn't really get what was going on. my son was about 4 and he didn't handle it so well. he sat on my lap the entire time and really wouldn't look or talk to him. I'm not sure if he was scared or what. I'm glad I took them, but you know your child better than anyone. if you think she will okay, then take her.

• Mom2Just1
    January 27, 2013 at 11:11 PM

She should see her dad.

Advice for Moms