Advice for Moms

Mommy2justone
I am afraid strangers will judge me for...* Edited to add*
January 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Formula feeding. I know I can't do anything about the way people act, or think, but I hate being judged as it is. I know I will get dirty looks and whispers behind my back. I just wish I could wear a sign telling people why I am not breastfeeding the child in my arms. Just venting....thanks for listening.

Edit : Formula feeding isn't something we are doing by choice. We are foster parents, there isn't another choice. I think that is why I am so worried about what others think. That they will not understand.
Also, for those suggesting it, we are not allowed to give foster babies breast milk, or breast feed them. We aren't even allowed to give unpasturized cows milk. It is our agencies rules.

Replies

• Mommy2justone
    February 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I just am, I am not sure why either. But I am working on it, thanks. 

Quoting MJP76:

I'm not sure why you are worried or care what others think.

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    February 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Well, what you need to remember is that what you are doing is a very noble thing, and it's no body's business HOW you feed your baby, as long as you feed your baby... You are the only person that knows that that is formula in that bottle, and not breast milk (I pumped all the time into bottles), so I mean unless you are advertising it to the world "hey this is formula" then no one will really know. :)

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Quoting MJP76:

• doulala
    by doulala
    February 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Well, I think you are aware with the stigma with formula, that it's not the best or second or third best--  a reason to feel guilt.    Caring for these babies is a life experience for them, but also for you as well.
    GL!

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Quoting MJP76:

• brookealexis
    February 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM

i didnt breast feed either, i did in the hospital but that was it because my baby made my nipples bleed but im not going to tell people that. dont listen to anyone ok. your baby will be happy and healthy if you dont breast feed and its no ones consern but yours. besides everyone these days are just bored with theirs lives and want something to bitch about. i think you are doing good and you dont need to listen to anyone.

Brooke :)

• sweetmomma326
    February 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I bottle fed my oldest son, but pumped for 3 weeks with my youngest.  I pumped every 2 hours because he was a preemie, and it wore me completely out.  It is all up to the person and it's their choice.  And your reason is beyond reasonable.  Do not worry what others think or say, they all have something hidden we don't see that they have done, or do.

• when14
    by when14
    February 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    When we adopted our daughter I couldn't breast feed unless I had been given some kind of hormones, and my gynecologist said to me"when you feed her, you are holding her and loving her whether she has your breast or not, and you know he's right. She is now almost 17 years old, and is quite a wonderful young lady. Ignore what others do if possible. I am sure you're a wonderful mom, and that your child loves you dearly.
  • BerryBoo
    February 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM

You know, sometimes I feel weird or guilty about things because I see so much *cough* passion about it flying around on the internet, but in the real world I don't think (generally) people act as judgy as that. Sometimes yes, but as a huge advocate for breastfeeding when I see a mom bottle/formula feeding I certainly don't judge her. I don't know her story and I should give any mother I see enough respect to know that she is doing what she feels/believes/knows is best for her baby, her family, her situation. Much love to you, fostering is hard and you are doing a beautiful thing <3

• erikadi
    by erikadi
    February 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I breast fed for a little bit, but then formula fed the rest of the time and my son is fine. Some babies are purely formula fed and turn out fine. You can't do anything about people judging you. However you can feel good that  you are giving a child a loving home something not every child has.

• Mommy2justone
    February 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Thank you :)

Quoting BerryBoo:

You know, sometimes I feel weird or guilty about things because I see so much *cough* passion about it flying around on the internet, but in the real world I don't think (generally) people act as judgy as that. Sometimes yes, but as a huge advocate for breastfeeding when I see a mom bottle/formula feeding I certainly don't judge her. I don't know her story and I should give any mother I see enough respect to know that she is doing what she feels/believes/knows is best for her baby, her family, her situation. Much love to you, fostering is hard and you are doing a beautiful thing <3

• Mommy2justone
    February 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Quoting erikadi:

I breast fed for a little bit, but then formula fed the rest of the time and my son is fine. Some babies are purely formula fed and turn out fine. You can't do anything about people judging you. However you can feel good that  you are giving a child a loving home something not every child has.

Thank you :)

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts