Featured Posts
Mommy2justone
GUINEA PIGS!!!! *Pics*
January 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM

My dog (Denna) playing with the piggies!

Hannah brushing Fern

Fern and Charlotte after their yearly bath

Fern being lazy

Their cage (Pre cleaning lol) I clean it about every 3rd day fully, and every day I spruse it up! Most people don't even know I have guinea pigs when they walk into my house, till I tell them :)

Fern (black and white) 
And Charlotte (Brown and white)

Just wanted to share :)
Do you have any small furry cage creatures?

Replies

• Mommy2justone
    January 26, 2013 at 6:21 PM

BUMP!

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Oh look at Charlotte's little face!!  Love these pictures! I pig sat my neighbor's guinea pig a couple times. I laughed when I had a piece of lettuce in one hand while I was moving the dish so I could place the lettuce there, and the guinea pig leapt up and grabbed the lettuce out of my hand. :)

• Mommy2justone
    January 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Aww :) I love piggies, I had them growing up, but love watching my daughter with them now!

Quoting Bmat:

Oh look at Charlotte's little face!!  Love these pictures! I pig sat my neighbor's guinea pig a couple times. I laughed when I had a piece of lettuce in one hand while I was moving the dish so I could place the lettuce there, and the guinea pig leapt up and grabbed the lettuce out of my hand. :)

• lovegrandbaby
    January 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I have 4 guinea pigs left - I had 4 that died.  I love them.  I also have 4 turtles, 5 birds and 3 cats.  They are such a joy and love you unconditionally.

• Mommy2justone
    January 28, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I am so sorry for your little furry loss :( I will be so sad when our girls pass away. Charlotte is about 5 or 6 so it could be anytime now, they don't live that long from what I have heard.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

I have 4 guinea pigs left - I had 4 that died.  I love them.  I also have 4 turtles, 5 birds and 3 cats.  They are such a joy and love you unconditionally.

• AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    January 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM

PIGGGSSSS!!

Do you like the fleece bedding? We were HATING the shavings. HATING. It would get drug out everywhere from holding them, them running around and kicking it out...

I researched fleece and we tried and tried it but they seemed miserable, pulling it up at the edges and walking around on plastic, hiding under it. Spazzes.

We finally gave up and went back to shavings and just got the kid a dust buster.  *sigh*

• AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    January 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Also yours seem so chill. Ours are nervous. Turds.  :)

• Mommy2justone
    January 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I have a little dustpan and brusher, once a day I brush off the fleece and put the aspyn bedding back in the box.
    You can also use the paper bedding, it is easier to clean up.
    I have coroplast under mine, almost like a box, and then I have towels under the fleece and tuck the fleece over the edges so they can't get it up.

If you piggies are young they just need to be handled as much as possible. They will always run when you try to catch them since they are prey animals, try making a barrier (I move their igloos to make an inescapable corner), and herd them into that and them pick them up. If you chase them in their cage it makes them more skiddish.  

We also have floor time every couple days, where we piggy proof the living room and let them run. I have a towel and vinegar ready for piggy piddle. (Vinegar neutralizes the pee :)!!)

Quoting AM-BRAT:

PIGGGSSSS!!

Do you like the fleece bedding? We were HATING the shavings. HATING. It would get drug out everywhere from holding them, them running around and kicking it out...

I researched fleece and we tried and tried it but they seemed miserable, pulling it up at the edges and walking around on plastic, hiding under it. Spazzes.

We finally gave up and went back to shavings and just got the kid a dust buster.  *sigh*

• Mommy2justone
    January 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I have to clean their cage today, so I will take pictures of how my set up is while I do it. 
    I got my coroplast from a sign company. I just called and asked if they had any large scrap/misprint coroplast. They gave me 2 big pieces for free.  

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Also yours seem so chill. Ours are nervous. Turds.  :)

• AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    January 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    They are handled plenty. :)

Any more cage work than I'm doing is too much for me lol.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I have a little dustpan and brusher, once a day I brush off the fleece and put the aspyn bedding back in the box.
    You can also use the paper bedding, it is easier to clean up.
    I have coroplast under mine, almost like a box, and then I have towels under the fleece and tuck the fleece over the edges so they can't get it up.

If you piggies are young they just need to be handled as much as possible. They will always run when you try to catch them since they are prey animals, try making a barrier (I move their igloos to make an inescapable corner), and herd them into that and them pick them up. If you chase them in their cage it makes them more skiddish.  

We also have floor time every couple days, where we piggy proof the living room and let them run. I have a towel and vinegar ready for piggy piddle. (Vinegar neutralizes the pee :)!!)

Quoting AM-BRAT:

PIGGGSSSS!!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN