Advice for Moms

vgmz22
Experience with Tubal or Essure?
by vgmz22
January 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I'm looking at getting either a tubal or Essure done. I have two boys and that's definetly enough for me. I've been looking at pros/cons and side effects and I was wondering what are your experiences with either of these.

Replies

• oahoah
    by oahoah
    January 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I had a tubal done but it was after my c/s with my 3rd son.  No idea how it would be as a separate surgery. Good luck though, tough decision.

• lilmama3189
    January 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    I have the essure. I got it done on 12/7. It was a simple 20 minute procedure & im not going to lie, i was in alot of pain the first 5 weeks. I had horrible cramping :-/ Im completely fine now & have no side effects or anything. It was my tubes twitching. The only bad thing is you need to be on the depo shot as a form of birth control & it thins the lineing of your uterus so they can see your tubes better. Im kinda groggy from that but I have no regrets. I had 4 csections so my dr recommened it as the best & safest. It didnt effect my scar tissue at all..
  • chcon
    by chcon
    January 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    I do not have either but my doc spoke highly of the essure procedure. I am allergic to contrast dye so that was not a good choice for me. But after I mentioned that to my husband he made his appointment so it turned out worth my time to ask about it. :)
  • ceciliam
    January 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I have no experience with either but I saw this post the other day. Maybe this can help you with your decision.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17950209/Essure_Lawsuit?ct=search_grouppost

• bluerose26
    January 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    I got my tubes tied after I had my son 18 months ago. I'm breastfeeding so for the first 3 months I didn't have a period, now they come monthly and last 5 days. I have a light day, 2 heavy days then a light day then spotting and that's it.

I hope my answer helps.
  • vgmz22
    by vgmz22
    January 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    Wow. Thank you very informative.

Quoting ceciliam:

I have no experience with either but I saw this post the other day. Maybe this can help you with your decision.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17950209/Essure_Lawsuit?ct=search_grouppost

Advice for Moms