Featured Posts
vgmz22
Experience with Tubal or Essure?
by vgmz22
January 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I'm looking at getting either a tubal or Essure done. I have two boys and that's definetly enough for me. I've been looking at pros/cons and side effects and I was wondering what are your experiences with either of these.

Replies

• oahoah
    by oahoah
    January 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I had a tubal done but it was after my c/s with my 3rd son.  No idea how it would be as a separate surgery. Good luck though, tough decision.

• lilmama3189
    January 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    I have the essure. I got it done on 12/7. It was a simple 20 minute procedure & im not going to lie, i was in alot of pain the first 5 weeks. I had horrible cramping :-/ Im completely fine now & have no side effects or anything. It was my tubes twitching. The only bad thing is you need to be on the depo shot as a form of birth control & it thins the lineing of your uterus so they can see your tubes better. Im kinda groggy from that but I have no regrets. I had 4 csections so my dr recommened it as the best & safest. It didnt effect my scar tissue at all..
  • chcon
    by chcon
    January 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    I do not have either but my doc spoke highly of the essure procedure. I am allergic to contrast dye so that was not a good choice for me. But after I mentioned that to my husband he made his appointment so it turned out worth my time to ask about it. :)
  • ceciliam
    January 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I have no experience with either but I saw this post the other day. Maybe this can help you with your decision.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17950209/Essure_Lawsuit?ct=search_grouppost

• bluerose26
    January 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    I got my tubes tied after I had my son 18 months ago. I'm breastfeeding so for the first 3 months I didn't have a period, now they come monthly and last 5 days. I have a light day, 2 heavy days then a light day then spotting and that's it.

I hope my answer helps.
  • vgmz22
    by vgmz22
    January 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    Wow. Thank you very informative.

Quoting ceciliam:

I have no experience with either but I saw this post the other day. Maybe this can help you with your decision.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17950209/Essure_Lawsuit?ct=search_grouppost

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN