Advice for Moms

Giselle1992
getting induced at 39 weeks
January 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM

im getting induced tommorow and im already 3cm dialated..what should i expect?....has anyone else been threw this?

Replies

• NoahsMommy10412
    January 24, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Nope I had my baby with induction 3 weeks early.

good luck

• Seans_mommy123
    January 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I was induced at 39 weeks 3 days with my second. I was 2 cm when I went in. My doctor started off breaking my water and gave me about 2 hours to see how i progressed. I hadn't progressed after 2 hours so they started Pitocin. My water was broken a little after 10 am and I delivered DS at 955 pm. 

I was induced with my oldest at 42 weeks and that was a nightmare. 

• BabySocks0912
    January 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    You'll be in labor by 4.. Why not wait?
  • BabySocks0912
    January 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    I was induced and regret it
  • Giselle1992
    January 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM

wish i could wait but i have a severe UTI and ive been peeing blood and ive taking anitbiotics and it still hasent cleared so my doctor said its best to get induced so they can give me a stronger antibiotic

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    January 24, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    Induction was hell. I was 42 weeks. Do not do it. Wish I had waited.
  • LMenkes
    by LMenkes
    January 24, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I was induced at 41 weeks with my last little girl, it was smooth for me, they started pitocin about an hour after I went in. I was about 3 cm dialated and stayed that way until i got my epidural, as he pulled the needle out and said im done my water gave way completely. My daughter was born 42 mins later. (and i was still 3 cm dialted when they did the epi) My doctor thought that I couldnt relax enough before the epi for things to progress, then with the pain gone i relaxed and thing started MOVING lol. BEST OF LUCK MOMMA! and Think POSITIVE lol :)

• rmgriffberg
    January 24, 2013 at 7:51 PM

mine hurt like HELL. dont mean to scare you but it is the truth

• sleepymommy87
    January 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    I was induced at 41 weeks. Easy experience, I don't regret it. Every experience is different, just relax and look forward to your little one that will be here soon.
  • 2under5.mom
    January 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    I was induced at 41 weeks with my ds and I got there and was already 3cm too :) I made it up to 6cm w/out an epidural(sp) but mine ended in a csection. The drs said he wasnt positioned the right way..he was laying on his side and his heartrate was dropping and so was mine. But good luck I hope all goes good for you :)

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts