Featured Posts
Gatormomma1990
37 weeks, & have a tube in my kidney!? I need advice mommas.
January 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Hello fellow mothers! -

My name is Elizabeth, & I am 37 weeks & 3 days pregnant. I am going to be induced in just 13 days if this little guy doesn't come on his own. Which my doctor stated today, he sure hopes he will! I am having a lot of issues. He told me to try at home remedies, and gave me a number to a midwife that is best with these ideas especailly with my condition. (I just had surgery on Sunday to have a tube placed into my right kidney, because my kidney stopped working on it's own, but this lovely lady won't be in until Friday!) I know they say sex, which obviously I can't do but laying on my side, because of the pain from the tube. It makes it quite difficult. I don't really know what else to try, the reason he can't induce me is because of their policy. Even with the baby laying right on top of my right kidney he refuses to move! Lol. So here I am, I can't walk either, so ladies ... any other ideas? I can't seem to catch a break from pain from my little guy!

Replies

• MrsJoe125
    January 22, 2013 at 5:18 PM

If you want natural induction ideas?  Sex is good, maybe you could do oral in a semi reclining half on your left side position.  We get into weird positions to give men head, maybe he'd be willing to do it with you sittin on the edge of the bed or a chair, etc?  Or you might ask him to use his fingers or a toy or something around the house (maybe put a condom on it so you don't risk a yeast infection)

Otherwise, caster oil is NASTY and it just irritates your bowels, which rub against your uterus and the uterus contracts (painfully, plus the pain from the intestinal convulsions caused by the oil) and I got about .5 cm (half a cm) out of the stuff with my third pregnancy.
    You could look up online herbs not to take while pregnant and take the ones that cause uterine contractions, but do not cause harm to the baby.
    Yeah, walking, but you said you can't do that.  I'll keep thinking.
    Positions are important during pre-labor.  Squatting is a good position.  Also, if you can get on all fours and move your hips front to back and side to side, you might be able to get your little guy in a more comfortable position.

(((hugs)))

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I wonder what the doctor meant by home remedies. Walking is the best one that I've heard, and that's out. I wonder if rocking would help. I wish you well.

• Gatormomma1990
    January 23, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Thank you! :)

He is pretty willing to do anything I ask him to. Lol. A good man, that I have! <3 I know they say sex is good. Maybe I can try this again tonight as well. I had a really bad episode today, so they placed me on strict bedrest for the day. My health really does suck right now, & I know that this is something that scares him about having sex, because he is scared he is going to hurt me. I am in a lot of pain as it is! There is no hiding that, so I believe it scares him. But I will try Sex tonight! Certainly.

• Gatormomma1990
    January 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I am not really sure what he meant by that. :/

I guess things to do at home ... Lol. Not really sure, for things like this he has us consult with a midwife for, but like I said she is out of town. Which really stinks for me! I am going to continue to try the way I got pregnant in the first place! They say it works the best - & as long as it doesn't cause anymore pain or aggrivation then I am sure everything will be quite alright! :)

Thank you guys for your support, & advice!

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM

How are you today?

• Gatormomma1990
    January 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I hate to admit that I am miserable. Not even pregnancy miserable. Just tired of being in pain all of the time, overwhelmed, etc.

Thank you for asking though. I really appreciate it.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN