Featured Posts
Rae706
Anxiety/b****iness in pregnancy
by Rae706
January 22, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I have some anxiety issues. I've always been able to get them under control without the use of medication... but since I got pregnant (this is our second) I have been so anxious and just plain mean! Sometimes my poor husbands voice is like nails on a chalkboard! It doesn't matter if he is saying "honey you are so beautiful", I just want him to shut up! I know it's awful and I feel like crap, but I don't know what to do. Some days, I just cry all day, or worse, I'm super pissed all day. Not like normal angry, like livid... over the stupidest things!

Please help!

Replies

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 22, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Oh dear. It certainly sounds like hormones.  Talk with your doctor.  Also work very hard to change your reactions, I know it is really difficult, feeling anxiety and depression is no fun at all.  Maybe fresh air every day, and sunlight?

• kali_mom
    January 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM
    I would encourage you to speak with your doc/ midwife about how you are feeling. I had a blood panel done during my last pregnancy and I had almost NO vit D in my system. After a few weeks of a heavy dose I was able to stand being around my husband again. Lol
    Hang in there :-)
  • SMTCMMoore
    January 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    How far along are you? Hormones are super high first trimester, maybe it will improved in a few weeks? I feel ya, I'm 12 weeks with number 4 and just now starting to not be as irritated by DH and some of the kids behaviors.
  • coreynlala
    January 23, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Oh hunny I just went through it. I Have a few diff personality disorders and anxiety. I tried meds years ago and they seemed to make me worse so I do it all on my own and I'm better off. I've always been super excited through my other 2 pregnancies but with this last I was mean and miserable. The turn signal in my car would piss me off because it would just tick as it was blinking. So I'd turn up the radio but the car in front of me still had it's light flashing. I would just be so angry over a turn signal. Turns out this time I was having a girl. But it got real bad. I would have little day dreams that I called "happy thoughts." If you've ever seen Ally mcBeal, it's an old show, they used to have little quick day dream type things. For me, If my boyfriend mentioned the dishes not done or something and say I was cooking I'd visualize the hot pan Whacking him in the head Cartoon caveman style. Or if he was going down the stairs in front of me I'd visualize bumping his knee and watching him go budump budump budump all the way down. Not killing him just enough to hurt. I love him sooo much but I was just so angry. He'd say I was beautiful and I wanted to punch him. I never was much of a yeller when it came to my kids but boy did i turn into a screamer. I had to sit my hunny down and I told him "I know I'm mean and miserable but please just remember it's my hormones and that I really do love you so much. If I'm going over bored with the kids and treating them unfairly, please take over and protect them from me." (not like I was beating them but I was out of control) If I did go overboard with my babies that I adore soooo much, I had to calm down and go apologize to them. Yes they may have misbehaved but I was in the wrong. I got down on their level and explained what they did wrong and what I did wrong and I listened to them when they had to tell me about myself. It's not easy to hear and it might make you cry but it needs to happen. They all had patience with me once I told them what was going on. My daughter is now 2 months and I'm back to my old self. Not perfect but better. Sweetie it does get better just hang in there and communicate with all you closest friends and family to let them know if you seem extra bitchy that they shouldn't take it personal, it's just that you're extra hormonal and you need extra love. That alone pissed me off that I was so vulnerable but it gives you an extra bump of support. It's still a very good idea to keep communication open with you doc too. This isn't the first time they've heard of such a thing so don't be afraid. They don't judge. Mine actually made humor out of it which for a split second angered me until i realized she was trying to help me feel more comfortable. Good luck I hope you feel better :) 

• AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    January 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

LOL! Sounds normal around here. Jk! Agree with Barb, speak with your doc. Hope you feel more level soon. It can be so frustrating!

• whoodathunk
    January 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM

You should talk with your doctor.  It's likely hormones wreaking havoc, but it's not healthy for you or you marriage.  Yoga or just walking may help too.

• mamakin616
    January 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM

It sounds like you are having mood swings ...that can be from the hormones that are raging through you because of the pregnancy...talk to your Doctor and let them know ,they can give you something if needed to help calm your emotions that is safe for you and baby.You should always try and remain as calm and serene as possible during any pregnancy as stress is not good for either of you ,But it can cause a lot of problems that you might otherwise not have to deal with...high blood pressure,toxemia can at times be attributed to stress, not sleeping well, hard to gain and keep weight at proper levels.Please see the doctor as soon as you can...Good Luck.

• LindaClement
    January 23, 2013 at 1:22 PM

It does sound like hormones, but it's also probably related to exhaustion or dehydration or hunger... all of which you may be so used to feeling that you don't realize it's what it is.

When you're feeling super crabby, sit down with a glass of water and a snack for at least 10 minutes, and see if the feeling passes.

• Rae706
    by Rae706
    January 23, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I've lost 10 pounds since I found out I was pregnant. . . I just don't understand, my first pregnancy was so easy! I never would have known I was pregnant if I wasn't massive! What is going on? I'm just so unhappy and upset over everything ALL of the time! It is so ridiculous! It doesn't help that everyone in my freaking family has been super sick, so of course I have to wait on everyone hand and foot, even thought I'm pregnant and I've been having issues with bleeding. I'm just miserable! I really hope it is something like someone posted and my Vitamin D is just low. I need a quick fix! )-:

• emarin77
    January 23, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I saw a therapist when I was pregnant.  I just needed someone to talk too because of anxiety and being alone when pregnant.  My husband worked a 9-10 hour shift/5 days a week.  I wasn't allowed any meds when pregnant.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN