Featured Posts
crystal1213
I have a dilemma!!!!!
January 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM

ok so I have an issue. I have a 6 year old daughter who is in first grade. There is another girl in her class, who I honestly don't care for ( she lives in my neighborhood and just is too grown for her age). So my daughter writes stories in her journal, but I guess on the bus ride this other girl wrote in it and wrote "I love you. You and I having sex. From Ryan to elizabeth. " I was very shocked when I seen this. I talked to my daughter about it and she said this girl wrote that even though my daughter didn't want her to write in the book. Now I do believe my daughter because that is not her handwriting and I usually can tell if she is lying.

so my question is do I talk to her school knowing it happened there or maybe the parent, but i dont want any issues with the parent so i figured since it happened at school maybe the school can talk to her parents about what she is writing. Any thoughts would be helpful!

Replies

• PerfectVirgo
    January 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    That's tough. I'd just tell my dd she is not go NEAR that girl. There is a girl like that in my apt complex and I tell my girls that some kids aren't the kind of kids you play with. They're not good kids. They took that simple explanation easily. Good luck. But as for talking to anyone else about it, I probably wouldn't.
  • crystal1213
    January 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I know it is such a tough situation. I had  a talked with her and just explained those are not good words and how I would rather her not hang out with her. It is just disturbing because she is so young to be seeing or hearing that.

• frndlyfn
    January 20, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I would let her teacher know about it and if it happens again let the principal know.  That may be considered harrassment by school policy but i do not know.

• Reina13
    by Reina13
    January 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Since it happened on the bus, technically it is still school property. I would talk to the teacher about it and show her the paper. Let the school address it first. If they don't address it, then I would talk to the parents directly. But I do agree with keeping your child away from her.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

• megandwade
    January 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I would also bring it to the attention of the school.

• crystal1213
    January 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Thank you to everyone. I talked to her again lastnight and explained how I did not want her to hang out with that girl. I know it is hard they are in the same classroom, but i said to sit with someone else on the bus and that she is not allowed to hang out with her when we are outside (she lives down the street). I am going to call her school tomorrow. I just can't believe children are talking about sex at 6 years old. My daughter told me she kissed a boy.

• la_bella_vita
    January 21, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I would bring it to the attention of the school

• tlcory
    by tlcory
    January 21, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I would suggest she stay away from that girl, sit somewhere else on the bus (maybe talk to the bus driver to see if this is possible), also I would probably talk to your daughters teacher and let her know what happened, maybe she knows enough about the other girl she can help in some way.  Good Luck! 

• whoodathunk
    January 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Who kissed a boy?  Talk with the teacher and ask her advise or even the school nurse.  Our kids have a no touch policy, your school may too.

Quoting crystal1213:

Thank you to everyone. I talked to her again lastnight and explained how I did not want her to hang out with that girl. I know it is hard they are in the same classroom, but i said to sit with someone else on the bus and that she is not allowed to hang out with her when we are outside (she lives down the street). I am going to call her school tomorrow. I just can't believe children are talking about sex at 6 years old. My daughter told me she kissed a boy.

• LindaClement
    January 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I would show it to the school. They will have a quiet conversation with the girl (without her parents present, to find out if there needs to be police/child protection involved) ... 

... it is inappropriate for a 6yo to be using language of that kind, but it's also possible that she's heard it and doesn't understand it.

If you don't 'tell' and the girl is being abused, you can be held complicit in any further abuse, as you did nothing to stop it.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN