Featured Posts
chefmartha
Maryland Moms!
January 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Hi! I'm getting ready to move from the New Orleans area of Louisiana. I would like to know what grocery stores are in the area of Lexington Park. Such as Albertson's, Publix, Kroger, Ralph's, A&P, Finest, or say Stop and Shop. Perhaps a Big Y or BJ's. I'd really appreciate knowing. DH has asked that guys he works with that have already moved up there and all the could tell him is 'The usual...a store'. Big help, right? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• cutestmom24
    January 19, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    when I was visiting. my inlaws I went t shoppers. a couple of times.
  • mommaslilmen
    January 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM
    I'm IN lexington park!! Well great mills technically. I'm assuming husband is getting stationed at pax?

We have shoppers, giant, food lion, walmart, and mckays. Mckays is over priced and ill only go there for a few items. Food lion is ok, shoppers has the best meats, giant is expensive, and walmart is the cheapest but not many lines open so you have to plan trips during the day while everyone else is at work and school.

Oh and there is a bj's, I'm not a member so I don't have much experience.
  • mommaslilmen
    January 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM
    Feel free to pm about anything. I've lived here the last 12 years and an EMT with the volunteer rescue squad (so I know my way around the lex park/great mills/california area pretty well)
  • chefmartha
    January 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Cool on the BJ's. My mom has a membership there but up in CT. I've been there a few times with her in the past. Never been a Food Lion fan. I found their meats to be overpriced at the store that had been near us in GA.

DH works for Northup Grumman who has a contract with the military. We are moving there for work. We were Navy for 20 years, so moving is nothing new.

Quoting mommaslilmen:

I'm IN lexington park!! Well great mills technically. I'm assuming husband is getting stationed at pax?

We have shoppers, giant, food lion, walmart, and mckays. Mckays is over priced and ill only go there for a few items. Food lion is ok, shoppers has the best meats, giant is expensive, and walmart is the cheapest but not many lines open so you have to plan trips during the day while everyone else is at work and school.

• mommaslilmen
    January 20, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    I'm not a huge food lion fan either. Every now and then they will have good sales on meat with the little mvp card, just need to know when the sales are.

Overall I do most my shopping at walmart, foodlion, or shoppers

Quoting chefmartha:

Cool on the BJ's. My mom has a membership there but up in CT. I've been there a few times with her in the past. Never been a Food Lion fan. I found their meats to be overpriced at the store that had been near us in GA.

DH works for Northup Grumman who has a contract with the military. We are moving there for work. We were Navy for 20 years, so moving is nothing new.

Quoting mommaslilmen:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN