Featured Posts
Keda84
Yeast infection
by Keda84
January 19, 2013 at 1:04 AM
My 10 month old son has an yeast infection in his diaper area. I've been to the DR twice and they gave me an ointment but its not clearing up. What should I do? Back to the DR? He has small bumps all over his butt.

Replies

• blondie.mom
    January 19, 2013 at 1:07 AM
    When ds had a slight one I used athletes foot cream (lotramin) and it went away. Let his little butt air out for a few minutes after you change him, good luck!
  • christababy
    January 19, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    Yup! Our ped also recommends using lotrimin and lots of airing out. We also put aquaphor over the lotrimin to give it additional protection.

Quoting blondie.mom:

When ds had a slight one I used athletes foot cream (lotramin) and it went away. Let his little butt air out for a few minutes after you change him, good luck!

• Keda84
    by Keda84
    January 19, 2013 at 1:31 AM
    Thanks ladies am going to buy both and see if that helps.
  • DragonMother10
    January 19, 2013 at 1:51 AM
    My son had this, if it doesn't clear up with athletes foot cream, you may have to get a prescription ointment.
  • Keda84
    by Keda84
    January 19, 2013 at 1:54 AM
    The DR gave me a prescription called Nystatin ointment USP the is the 3rd tube.
  • letstalk747
    January 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM

bag balm always worked  for my kids , put it on thick every change till its gone-                                            it may not be yeast , just irritation

• BrittSam2011
    January 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM

My midwife suggested something she used on her son's butt, it's called CALENDULA. It works best in the cream, obviously. She says it works better than Desitin rash cream. And it's a homeopathic remedy. So it's all natural.

• BrittSam2011
    January 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM

You can get it at a pharmacy but she said they also started carrying it in grocery stores. Calendula ointment.

• Queen_Bree
    January 19, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Let his bottom get plenty of air at night or when you are at home during the day. When he is wearing a diaper place a clean dry cabbage leaf over the affected area, replace as needed. This works wonders without medication. I am always amazed by people who want to put chemicals on their babies when they are so young.... I wish you the best.

• signingmama2915
    January 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    Thats what i did the two times my guy ((almost 2 has had it)

Quoting blondie.mom:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN