Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
Keda84
Yeast infection
by Keda84
January 19, 2013 at 1:04 AM
My 10 month old son has an yeast infection in his diaper area. I've been to the DR twice and they gave me an ointment but its not clearing up. What should I do? Back to the DR? He has small bumps all over his butt.

Replies

• blondie.mom
    January 19, 2013 at 1:07 AM
    When ds had a slight one I used athletes foot cream (lotramin) and it went away. Let his little butt air out for a few minutes after you change him, good luck!
  • christababy
    January 19, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    Yup! Our ped also recommends using lotrimin and lots of airing out. We also put aquaphor over the lotrimin to give it additional protection.

Quoting blondie.mom:

When ds had a slight one I used athletes foot cream (lotramin) and it went away. Let his little butt air out for a few minutes after you change him, good luck!

• Keda84
    by Keda84
    January 19, 2013 at 1:31 AM
    Thanks ladies am going to buy both and see if that helps.
  • DragonMother10
    January 19, 2013 at 1:51 AM
    My son had this, if it doesn't clear up with athletes foot cream, you may have to get a prescription ointment.
  • Keda84
    by Keda84
    January 19, 2013 at 1:54 AM
    The DR gave me a prescription called Nystatin ointment USP the is the 3rd tube.
  • letstalk747
    January 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM

bag balm always worked  for my kids , put it on thick every change till its gone-                                            it may not be yeast , just irritation

• BrittSam2011
    January 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM

My midwife suggested something she used on her son's butt, it's called CALENDULA. It works best in the cream, obviously. She says it works better than Desitin rash cream. And it's a homeopathic remedy. So it's all natural.

• BrittSam2011
    January 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM

You can get it at a pharmacy but she said they also started carrying it in grocery stores. Calendula ointment.

• Queen_Bree
    January 19, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Let his bottom get plenty of air at night or when you are at home during the day. When he is wearing a diaper place a clean dry cabbage leaf over the affected area, replace as needed. This works wonders without medication. I am always amazed by people who want to put chemicals on their babies when they are so young.... I wish you the best.

• signingmama2915
    January 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    Thats what i did the two times my guy ((almost 2 has had it)

Quoting blondie.mom:

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts