Advice for Moms

xxshelbyxxx
Won't walk on right foot
January 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM
My 16 month old woke up from an early nap this morning around 1030 and when he stood up he fell back on the bed. His dad and I tried holding his arms while he walked but he wouldn't put weight on his right foot at all. He isn't crying or acting like it hurts but he refuses to walk. We called his pedi and she says it sounds like its asleep and to just wait an hour then if its not better to take him into the ER. So we left home to run our couple errands and in the last store while I was carrying him, I felt his calf muscle and its rock hard and so is his muscle behind his knee that's soft on any human being. His foot/ankle/leg isn't swollen in the least. He doesn't cry when we try to help him walk on it.

I'm going to take him into the ER soon if it doesn't change but I really was hoping it was a Charlie horse that's just lasting forever, or that its still asleep... Anyone ever experienced this? Because our ER waits are loooooong here , don't matter if you're a toddler or not, you're waiting hours. Which I don't want to put him through if its a Charlie horse. Anyone?

AND if it IS a sprain, won't they just have us put ice on it ...

Replies

• Mommy2justone
    January 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM

At that age, I would get it checked out. 

• MrsRinehart2010
    January 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM

soounds like a chaarlie hourse  , try massaging it.  or a bannana.

I would say give it about 2 hours from the time it started an the go from there. (but i guess youve alredy done something since this post is from the yesterday lol)

• emeraldangel2.0
    January 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM

sounds like a charlie's horse, and i hate when i get them

• xxshelbyxxx
    January 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    If its a Charlie horse wouldn't it go away by now? It's been almost 48 hours and he's slowly starting to walk on it but still limping and falls over. And we did wait two hours from the time it happened to take him to urgent care but all the X-rays we had done came back perfectly normal so the doc said give it three days then go to his regular pedi. So I'm hoping it does go away cuz I can't imagine what the pedi is gonna do that the doc didnt already do.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

I would say give it about 2 hours from the time it started an the go from there. (but i guess youve alredy done something since this post is from the yesterday lol)

• snowiscold
    January 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Poor guy!  I hope his pediatrician can get to the bottom of this.  Good luck to you!

• xxshelbyxxx
    January 19, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    Guess I should've made an edit to the OP so everyone knew I did take him to get it checked about an hour after making this post yesterday and the X-rays all came back normal at urgent care so that doc said to take him to our pedi if it's not better in three days. ..

Quoting Mommy2justone:

At that age, I would get it checked out. 

• MrsRinehart2010
    January 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM

could be growing pains. MY oldes gets them sooo bad that she cant walk an she falls when she trys to can they make her cry. nothing wrong with ehr jst simplygrowing pains. Shes been seen by the doctor about it aswell. try a warm bath an tylenol

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

If its a Charlie horse wouldn't it go away by now? It's been almost 48 hours and he's slowly starting to walk on it but still limping and falls over. And we did wait two hours from the time it happened to take him to urgent care but all the X-rays we had done came back perfectly normal so the doc said give it three days then go to his regular pedi. So I'm hoping it does go away cuz I can't imagine what the pedi is gonna do that the doc didnt already do.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts