Featured Posts
MommeisQueen
scream crying session...update*
January 17, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Apparently there is nothing medically causing his screaming and he was awake a couple of times when he started and asleep/half sleep during the other time. Im gonna change his schedule and the way I handle his day time tantrums and see what happens. His doctor thinks he could just be being naughty and over stimulated.

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 17, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I wonder if he is old enough for night terrors.  How does he act throughout the day?  I would definitely bring it up to his doctor.

• bribabyfever7
    January 17, 2013 at 3:14 AM
    Im a nurse. That often happens with babies that age who have sickle cell anemia has he ever been evaluated for that?
  • bribabyfever7
    January 17, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    Sickle cell is very painful but when a baby crys they get warm and that dilates blood vessels for the reliefe of pain.

It happens due to elevation changes, changes in temperatures from cold to hot quickly and hot to cold....
  • DragonMother10
    January 17, 2013 at 3:17 AM
    It does sound like night terrors.
  • Lorissa11
    January 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM

He could be having night terrors.

• piwife
    by piwife
    January 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    Sounds likle night terrors. My daughter has had them since about 1 and she is 6 now. You can't stop them. They will stop on their own. When he is having one. Don't touch him hug him. Just call his name. And let him wake up on his own
  • ceciliam
    January 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Bad dreams?

• annhart19
    January 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM
    Night terrors. This happened to my son a couple times
  • MommeisQueen
    January 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    Thanks, Im going to talk with his doctor today. During the day he is fine except for the ocassional tantrum but these seem different.
    Quoting frndlyfn:

I wonder if he is old enough for night terrors.  How does he act throughout the day?  I would definitely bring it up to his doctor.

• mamakin616
    January 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Does he sleep in the same room with you??I ask because a few years ago my daughter was telling me how my grandson had started waking up for no reason screaming and crying in the middle of night,she couldn't figure it out,I went to spend the weekend to help out a bit because she was going to College and working and this was really becomin a problem.The first night I was there sure enough about 2;45 am He woke up just screamung to beat Jesus,it scared me the way he was crying..I got up and went running in the room and there was a friggin BAT flapping around his blanket ...He must have hit when he kiced and stunned it,I grabbed him and ran like hell out to the livingroom.She called her maintanence dept,of the complex she was renting from and they sent someone over the next day,they found an opening around the closet frame about an inch wide that they were able to have a nest in ...I don't know how long it had been there or what ...but that scared the hell ou of us and she took him to see his doctor for tests because we think it may have been biting him.She was able to move to a different unit because the poop GUANA if i remember right is very toxic and the wall needed to be opened up and all of that mess ad the bats needed to be cleaned out.Once they were settled back in the new apartment ,he started sleeping all night again...So anytime I hear of something like your situation it reminds me of this,I'm sure it's not bats ,,,but he could be bein bitten by somekind of bug or have sonething on him...moth,mosquito,sometimes ants.None of us would have ever thought of anything like that if our life had depended on it. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN