Advice for Moms

om1970
I've been advised not to move into HIS house. Do you agree?
by om1970
January 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I've been with my bf for almost 2yrs and he has asked several times for me to move in. i have several reasons why i haven't yet but i just wanted to get some other views on whether YOU would do it or NOT?
I mean, Have you? and if so was it a mistake?
He has 4 kids but none live with him full time just every weekend and all summer.

Replies

• mylilgooberpea
    January 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    Im no help here, my first marriage was fone the christian way. Not living together till marriage he ran off with my married friend. Now I thought that my bf and I would move in together on the soonish end (been together a year now) within the next 6 months give or take. I was looking for a house to buy on my own. Just found out it inspired him to do the same for himself. Im starting to think my relationship is heading to a dead end. So heres a bump gl!
  • om1970
    by om1970
    January 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    Quoting mylilgooberpea:

Im no help here, my first marriage was fone the christian way. Not living together till marriage he ran off with my married friend. Now I thought that my bf and I would move in together on the soonish end (been together a year now) within the next 6 months give or take. I was looking for a house to buy on my own. Just found out it inspired him to do the same for himself. Im starting to think my relationship is heading to a dead end. So heres a bump gl!

*hugs* sorry to hear :( hope it gets better
  • frndlyfn
    January 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I moved across country with my guy.  We lived on opposite coasts and his was less drama filled than mine.  We are still together 11 yrs later.  Sure there are ups and downs but that is to be expected.

• Action_Jaxon
    January 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    weve been together 2 years. After about 3 months of dating i was over at hiis house for like 3-4 days at a time. Officially moved in after a year and a half.
  • MommeisQueen
    January 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM
    I guess it depends on the people in the relationship and what you want from the relationship. Who advised you not to move in? Did they give a reason?
  • Uhura
    by Uhura
    January 17, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I would have to know more variables before I could give my answer.

• raegan1221
    January 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM
    Been together 3 yrs, and nope have not. No specific reason except I'd prefer to wait until we're at least engaged.
  • om1970
    by om1970
    January 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM
    Quoting MommeisQueen:

I guess it depends on the people in the relationship and what you want from the relationship. Who advised you not to move in? Did they give a reason?

we've talked marriage but he wants to live together first. friends are mainly the ones that said don't do it. reason is because he lives near family (all around him) and they're always in his business, its a family property that they all have together, they've all been born and raised there together. only one sister moved away and thats the only one that has stayed married, the rest (3 others) divorced and still single,,, a little scarey.
  • opal10161973
    January 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Yeah, NO.  Don't do it.  One of the other CMers has been having a really hard time with her DH's family and the situation was the same.  Unless HE is willing to move in with YOU- AWAY FROM them, then it will end badly. 

Quoting om1970:

Quoting MommeisQueen:

we've talked marriage but he wants to live together first. friends are mainly the ones that said don't do it. reason is because he lives near family (all around him) and they're always in his business, its a family property that they all have together, they've all been born and raised there together. only one sister moved away and thats the only one that has stayed married, the rest (3 others) divorced and still single,,, a little scarey.

• terpmama
    January 17, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    We moved in together after about a year and have been estatically married 7 (together 9)... No one had kids though.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts