Featured Posts
tinkerspell
Not again!
January 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Im being pushed ,no im being shoved into quit breast feeding my son again. Its happined twice now with my Zoey bug and now my little Jack-Riley too. im getting it from all fronts quit breast feeding go to formula. Gah i just spent 4 days in childrens hospital because the doctor didnt like how much he gained in the past couple of weeks. the only thing that is a positve is my dieticion who completly supports the fact that i want to continue to do it even if i have to give him some formula im fine. I just dont want to give up the benifits of my milk so i can please the doctors in his weight gain. I understand there concern i just dont wont to give up my faverite thing with my last child. The bonding I love that special moments that you get when you breast feed your little peanut. would it be better for him if i just quit completly and formula feed or at least sneak the boob whenever i can. I am gonna get a device that will allow him to get formula and breast milk at the same time so he can get the best of both worlds but i feel so beatin up on this subject. ok vent over im sorry but i had to vent somewhere!

Replies

• peanutsmommy1
    January 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    How old is he?
  • piwife
    by piwife
    January 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    Hey am a certified breastfeeding counselor. Do you mind if I ask you how old is baby and weight history?
  • tinkerspell
    January 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM

He is 6 months old and 11 lbs right now 

born 7.1.1  

2 months 10.

4 months he was 10.30 

6 month weight check he was 10.14

i know its alot and he needs to gain another 4 lbs not to be considered underweight. i hope that helps

Quoting piwife:

Hey am a certified breastfeeding counselor. Do you mind if I ask you how old is baby and weight history?

• SouthTxPrincess
    January 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    Are you a member of the breastfeeding group? They give awesome advice and support.
  • piwife
    by piwife
    January 14, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Quoting tinkerspell:

k do you remember lowest weight ever recorder

born 7.1.1  

how much was discahrger weight

2 months 10.

wow a almost a 3 lb weight gain in 2 mts!! that is awesome.

4 months he was 10.30 

k yeah lets see average weight gain for a breastfeed baby is 1 lb per month. so counting from birth weigh baby is 1 lb under weight at 4 mts.

was baby ever sick, how are diapers, any solids started?

i know its alot and he needs to gain another 4 lbs not to be considered underweight. i hope that helps

have they tested baby for metabolic issues?

Quoting piwife:

• MeghMirab
    January 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Sorry to hear about the issue you guys are dealing with. You absolutely don't have to give up breastfeeding. You can try to up your supply or breastfeed more. Sometimes my son just had days that he wanted to nurse just about all day. It's time consuming but if you're absolutely wanting to bf exclusively it's worth it. (: I did have to give my son a few formula bottles in the beginning when I was waiting for my milk to come in. But they gain it back real fast when the supply goes up. (: Good luck! Keep us updated.

• tinkerspell
    January 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Quoting piwife:

Quoting tinkerspell:

k do you remember lowest weight ever recorder

born 7.1.1  

how much was discahrger weight

2 months 10.

wow a almost a 3 lb weight gain in 2 mts!! that is awesome.

4 months he was 10.30 

k yeah lets see average weight gain for a breastfeed baby is 1 lb per month. so counting from birth weigh baby is 1 lb under weight at 4 mts.

was baby ever sick, how are diapers, any solids started?

no never sick , lots of wet poops every other day good consitancy . solids yes he is eating 2 jars per feeding  twice a day 

have they tested baby for metabolic issues?

i dont know i know they did a ton of test but did not tell m which one they did 

Quoting piwife:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts